What happens if....

Nikko
on 2/27/08 2:13 am - Wichita, KS
What happens if you go to Mexico for WLS and you have problems down the line?  How is followup care provided? I had RNY 9/06 in KS, moved to GA 3 mo later, and followup care has been a challenge for me.  I have a friend considering Mexico - just wondering how it works.
lisaweisenbach
on 2/27/08 2:59 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
I think it first depends on the surgery that u get. Im getting the VSG, which has basically no follow-up care. Ive also spoken to my PCP and he is fully aware of what im doing and where im going and is prepared to take care of me when i get home if I need any type of follow-up. I think it would be really hard to get the Band for instance, bc u have to get all the fills/unfills, etc... but plenty of ppl go down there and get it. I guess they have to work something out with thier PCP or a surgeon in their hometown...unless they are able to make those trips back and forth. Im glad im getting the Sleeve...much easier to deal with afterward.

Nikko
on 2/27/08 4:36 am - Wichita, KS
Oh my word......I can't believe you are from Jonesboro.  I am from Blytheville!  When is your surgery? I don't know much about VSG.  My insurance would only cover the RNY so that is what I did. To my ultimate shock - I became pregnant 12 weeks later!! In that first year I lost 125 pounds and gained a darling baby boy. I have been maintaining for the past 6 months - actually struggling NOT to lose any more.  I never dreamed of having that struggle!!  Anyway, thanks for the reply and good luck!
lisaweisenbach
on 2/28/08 3:17 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
WOW. small world, huh. My sugery is March 17. I will be flying to Puerto Vallarta on the 16th. I am so nervous. hey thats a great loss...and gain ...lol contratulations.  ok..i want to struggle to Not lose weight lol that is such a foreign concept....much worse than going out of the country for surgery  haha

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/08 2:27 pm - AZ
On February 27, 2008 at 10:59 AM Pacific Time, lisaweisenbach wrote:
I think it first depends on the surgery that u get. Im getting the VSG, which has basically no follow-up care. Ive also spoken to my PCP and he is fully aware of what im doing and where im going and is prepared to take care of me when i get home if I need any type of follow-up. I think it would be really hard to get the Band for instance, bc u have to get all the fills/unfills, etc... but plenty of ppl go down there and get it. I guess they have to work something out with thier PCP or a surgeon in their hometown...unless they are able to make those trips back and forth. Im glad im getting the Sleeve...much easier to deal with afterward.
A sleeve is exactly what I would get if I had it to do all over again for many reasons.  Aftercare is one of them.  Not that I have a hard time finding aftercare, I don't.  It's just that with a sleeve there is virtually no aftercare, a great option for lots of reasons. I'm still thinking about revising to a sleeve.
TammyLynne
on 2/27/08 11:50 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/13/07 with
I havent needed any follow up care so far.. (keeping fingers crossed)  Except for getting my blood work done. And that my local Dr does.   The only thing i have had was a really bad bladder infection which made its way to my kidneys. And i just explained to the Drs at the hospital what i had done and that i could not swallow those pills they wanted me to take.. He said no problem they would give me  a shot that would cure 10 infections and i would be better by the next morning. And he was right. That was Jan 1st. And i have been fine ever since!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views