Dr. Joya and the Crew is awesome

mrsbu
on 2/26/08 10:02 am - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/21/08 with
      For anyone considering Dr. joya do not hesitate. I had RNY on the 21st and am feeling amazing. The ospital and staf were great I never had to ask for anything they made me feel as if I was the only patient they had. The doctors from Dr. joya and his assistants are so sweet and compassionate and most of all competent. I had my surgery late thursday and my only issue was the beds was uncomfortale and my husband snores so frickin loud he kept me up and half the hospital.       My Dh also was runing a 104 fever when we got to the hospital and the Internist took are of him too.We are now in the hotel and it's very nice,the adorable dr's come and visit me daily and check on me and I have their cells ohones incase of any concern or issue I might have,         I never was worried once I made my choice I had done tones of research and knew Dr. Joya was they way to go. Once I got to the hospital and met him and the other dr's I was cmpletely calm. They all have an aura of peace and tranquility to them. Always smiling, warm, assuring you how faulous you are doing etc. Their knowledge and confidence goes a long way to make you feel safe.       I brought a lot of stuff here with me I didn;t need mainy proteins and the like. I am on a clear diet so protein is not in the cards for me, We went to Walmart and bought all these great juices which I am diluting with water, some popsicles that my huby goes and gets for me daily. Other then that the hospital has a Dr.Joya menu however they don;t tell you this at check in. You can call for broth, jello, apple juice etc and they bring it to your room.         Other hotel info I am not keen on this hotel, nothing wrong with it physically it is nice great ocean view etc. I just feel that they treat their guest badly or that the servers are a bit rude. I paid the hotel extra 90.00 a day for my hubby to have the all inclusive meals, drinks etc. He drinks Scotch not part of that no problem he pays when not drinking tropical. Every time he orders a drink we have to hear a diatribe from a waiter about how we need to pay and did we know how much yada yada, do we have credit at the desk etc.       It makes me wonder what kind of guests they cater to other then Dr. Joyas patients wen they have to question your financial status to get a drink. probably would never come back to a Crystal Hotel again but we Definately will come back to PV most likely for Chistmas this year.      Anyone with any questions please emal me and I will give whatever help I cna as others here helped me.
Sandra Mannaravalappil......The Best Darn Chubby Realtor in Charlotte LOL

lisaweisenbach
on 2/27/08 3:07 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
Im glad u are doing well. That is disheartening about the hotel. I  have heard such awesome things about it. why dont u need ur protein? i was planning on taking some protein bullets along, but nothing else.

glamacurls
on 2/29/08 10:25 pm - Olive Branch, MS
RNY on 02/19/08 with
Hi Lisa, I saw your post. I just had surgery on the 19th with Dr. Joya. He and his team are awsome! You will be in great hands. You will not need the protien because you will continue the liquid diet for 2 weeks after surgery. I had the RNY but met another patient of Dr. Joya's that had the gastric sleeve which if I remember correctly you are having and she had to do the same liquid diet. As far as the hotel, I really liked it other than the hard mattress. Room service for chicken brooth and hot tea is very cheap. My Mother and I had room service 8 times and my Mother got food some of the time and the total bill was only $84! You will do great and I will be thinking about you on your big day!
Julie
kittenqutie
on 2/29/08 1:18 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Glad to hear everything went well for you and welcome to the losers bench!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views