Looking into PS in Mexico

Ladybugz_247
on 3/1/08 12:54 pm - Ontario, CA
 you know I never really thought much about the people "behind the scene" I met with the surgeon and thats about it, never did I question the person who was gonna be putting me out.. I mean this person has my life in their hands.. I'm gonna have a whole new list of questions by the time Cosmed opens on Monday :)  The thing is so many people have had surgery there and they have nothing but good things to say. sure some aren't 100% pleased but over all their experience was good.. that is what makes me feel better about having chose the surgeon I'm going  with..Like you posted I'd rather go with him than with someone I've heard nothing about.. anyway thanks again.. Wendy

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/08 1:51 pm - AZ
On March 1, 2008 at 8:54 PM Pacific Time, Ladybugz_247 wrote:
 you know I never really thought much about the people "behind the scene" I met with the surgeon and thats about it, never did I question the person who was gonna be putting me out.. I mean this person has my life in their hands.. I'm gonna have a whole new list of questions by the time Cosmed opens on Monday :)  The thing is so many people have had surgery there and they have nothing but good things to say. sure some aren't 100% pleased but over all their experience was good.. that is what makes me feel better about having chose the surgeon I'm going  with..Like you posted I'd rather go with him than with someone I've heard nothing about.. anyway thanks again.. Wendy
I think with any surgery (bariatrics, plastics, etc) I think there will be unhappy people.  No doctor can please 100% of the people 100% of the time.  Then there is human error, I don't care how good a doc is he is still human.  I am always looking at if they are honest about that too.  There is one doc that claims no complications whatsoever throughout his entire career and that's just not possible.  If doctors could control everything that goes on with a patient then nobody would ever die.  You can do everything exactly right, take all the possible precautions and someone still throws a clot or something similar. I look for doctors that are honest and admit complications regardless of who is at blame and how they handle those complications.  A good doctor is not someone without complications, a good doctor is one who spots the complications and deals with them if he can. I think most obese people are pretty realistic about the fact that they abused their bodies for many years and if they are like me, 45 years old, they know that no amount of surgery is going to make every bit and piece of their body look 20 again.  But there are a few here and there that want the impossible. So I don't expect every patient to have perfect results and I don't expect every patient to be 100% happy.  But I still want to talk to the unhappy people anyway so I can weigh the issues for myself.  I've seen people that threw a fit and hated their doctor because they didn't get enough Jello after surgery.  People are weird.
Ladybugz_247
on 3/1/08 1:58 pm - Ontario, CA
you should try posting on PSjourneys.com they are all about plastic surgery. Check it out.. you have to enroll then wait to get approved.. its free. anyway I got tons of info from that site..also theres Makemeheal.com another good source for info on surgeons..

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/08 2:14 pm - AZ
On March 1, 2008 at 9:58 PM Pacific Time, Ladybugz_247 wrote:
you should try posting on PSjourneys.com they are all about plastic surgery. Check it out.. you have to enroll then wait to get approved.. its free. anyway I got tons of info from that site..also theres Makemeheal.com another good source for info on surgeons..
I hadn't heard of Makemeheal.com.  Thanks, I'll check them both out!
goldsentra06
on 3/1/08 1:38 pm - Palmyra, PA
I can give you this doctor's web site and the names and phone numbers of two women who were there. He's in central Mexico -  about an hour from Leon. http://www.faceliftmexico.com/index.html PM me and I'll send you the names and numbers. Denise

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/08 1:42 pm - AZ
Did the MD office supply you with the names/numbers?  I never even bother with those.  I already know they aren't going to give me names of people that are not happy.  I want to see it ALL, the good and the bad and then I take it all with a grain of salt anyway. ;o) My research process is anal retentive, without a doubt.
goldsentra06
on 3/1/08 1:57 pm - Palmyra, PA
And how do you manage to get all of the patients' names -- good and bad comments? Denise

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/08 2:13 pm - AZ
On March 1, 2008 at 9:57 PM Pacific Time, goldsentra06 wrote:
And how do you manage to get all of the patients' names -- good and bad comments? Denise
I don't want to see ALL patients, I want to see ALL kinds of issues.  I want to talk to those that are happy with results, I want to talk to those that are not happy, I want to talk to those that feel it was so-so.  I want to talk to people who like the results but not the doctor, people who like the staff and don't like the staff.  I just want examples of everything I can find. Since it's unlikely a doc is going to give me names of unhappy people I try to find my own.  If any doc has a great deal of experience (something I'm looking for) then they will have people posting somewhere and I find the patients myself vs. depending on the MD office to give me numbers of only the happy people. There is a bariatric surgeon that is the worst of the worst.  He has botched more surgeries than you can shake a stick.  He isn't a good surgeon but to talk to his references you'd think he was God-like.  That's why research is critical. One problem I have is that I want to try and find a surgeon in Mexicali, MX.  My band surgeon said that if I go to someone that works out of the hospital he works out of, he'll be in the OR with me during surgery.  He won't do anything, but at least he'll be there.  That makes me feel better.  Plastics carries much more risk for complications than WLS.  If something goes whacky, a blood clot or something similar, I want him there.  So that limits my options.  I may not be able to find someone I like out of that hospital.  So I have to weigh what I want more. There is a surgeon there that has everything I want, experience, reputation, I've met happy and unhappy patients... the works.  But I can't stand him!  He's soooo arrogant.  I just wanna smack the arrogant right out of him.  I'm blunt, he's arrogant, it's just not something that works well.  I do not want to hate my surgeon. So I don't know what I'm going to do.  Hopefully this other guy will turn out to be okay but he is young and inexperienced so it's unlikely I'll find patients of his that are happy, not happy, etc.
goldsentra06
on 3/1/08 2:16 pm - Palmyra, PA
Isn't it fun trying to be so careful?  I hope we all make good decisions. I know I'm doing a LOT of research. GOOD LUCK, Denise

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/08 2:20 pm - AZ
On March 1, 2008 at 10:16 PM Pacific Time, goldsentra06 wrote:
Isn't it fun trying to be so careful?  I hope we all make good decisions. I know I'm doing a LOT of research. GOOD LUCK, Denise
NO!  It's NOT fun! ;o))))))) Sometimes I just feel neurotic but you know, when I did this with my bariatric surgeon I found the right one for me and things worked out well.  I want to do the same with plastics.  At least if something bad happens and I look like a freak I can at least sit back and realize that I really did do absolutely everything I could to ensure a good outcome.  Like everyone else, I worked hard to get to my goal weight and I want it ALL.  A flat stomach, the works.  I didn't work this hard to screw it up so that keeps me going. ;o) I agree with you, I hope we all make good decisions.  Let's keep coming back here and comparing notes!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views