Looking into PS in Mexico

goldsentra06
on 2/26/08 1:03 pm - Palmyra, PA
Does anyone have any information about Dr. Carlos Barrera? Denise

Ladybugz_247
on 2/29/08 7:22 am - Ontario, CA

did you ever find anything out on this Dr? you might wanna try posting on  PSJourneys Wendy

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

goldsentra06
on 2/29/08 9:20 am - Palmyra, PA
Thanks, Wendy.  I contacted his co-ordinator through his web site. I also talked to three women - one from Canada, one from California and one from Wisconsin.  They all had him and loved him. I bought a book about medical tourism and am going to check him out later. One bad thing about checking on forums, there is a man from Mexico who makes money tracking down bloggers talking about PS and e-mails you about what a bad choice you made --  and for a "fee" he'll put you in touch with a good doctor. He bad mouthed the recuperation spa, and I saw pictures that the owner had.  It was gorgeous.  The women I talked to said they were pampered beyond belief. The net can be scary at times........... Denise

Ladybugz_247
on 2/29/08 2:10 pm - Ontario, CA
wow I swear people are doing some shady things.. I had a few e-mails  telling  me how horrible the surgeon I chose for my WLS was and later we found that these people were working for other surgeons in the area .. thats just wrong.. glad you found a surgeon and recovery spa.. :).. Wendy

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/08 7:30 am - AZ
On February 29, 2008 at 10:10 PM Pacific Time, Ladybugz_247 wrote:
wow I swear people are doing some shady things.. I had a few e-mails  telling  me how horrible the surgeon I chose for my WLS was and later we found that these people were working for other surgeons in the area .. thats just wrong.. glad you found a surgeon and recovery spa.. :).. Wendy
That doesn't make a great deal of sense.  Usually patient coordinators go after those that haven't had surgery yet.  They don't typically spend time trying to recruit someone that already had surgery.  It doesn't serve a purpose.
Ladybugz_247
on 3/1/08 12:20 pm - Ontario, CA

I had posted about the Dr. that I was going to before my surgery and received a bunch of different e-mails from people telling me how they had bad experiences and stuff like that.. when I got to finally have my surgery I was speaking with one of the staff members at the clinic I chose and I asked about some of the things I had heard here on this site and other sites about a patient of his dying... well they told me that they had found a few of the emplyees from another surgeons offices had been posting false information about many not just my surgeon.. so they were sending me these messages before I had my surgery not after.

goldsentra06
on 3/1/08 1:40 pm - Palmyra, PA
These are plastic surgeons looking for patients who have lost weight and are looking into plastic surgery. Denise

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/08 7:28 am - AZ
On February 29, 2008 at 5:20 PM Pacific Time, goldsentra06 wrote:
Thanks, Wendy.  I contacted his co-ordinator through his web site. I also talked to three women - one from Canada, one from California and one from Wisconsin.  They all had him and loved him. I bought a book about medical tourism and am going to check him out later. One bad thing about checking on forums, there is a man from Mexico who makes money tracking down bloggers talking about PS and e-mails you about what a bad choice you made --  and for a "fee" he'll put you in touch with a good doctor. He bad mouthed the recuperation spa, and I saw pictures that the owner had.  It was gorgeous.  The women I talked to said they were pampered beyond belief. The net can be scary at times........... Denise
You can't believe anything you read on line.  You never know who is a patient coordinator and who is a real patient.  Then you have patients that just had surgery and they are going through a honeymoon phase, they love their surgery and they love their doctor.  Verify absolutely everything and that includes what legit patient coordinators are telling you. If you want to see how to spot a patient coordinator, check out the following link, post #3: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f11/researching-mexican-doctors-101-a-43575/ ANYONE that is pushing one doc and one doc only should be suspect.  There are many good doctors in Mexico for all kinds of surgery, just like the US.  But you have to do the legwork and you have to do your research. Good luck to you, I'm in the same boat, researching plastic surgeons.  I am leaning towards a guy that works out of the same hospital I had my band.  But I haven't met him yet, I hope to meet him this coming weekend. I would appreciate it if we could exchange info.  I'm not overly comfortable with the guy I'm going to meet next weekend.  My only problem with him is that he is verrrry young and inexperienced.  I did find a guy I really like a great deal, he works out of a hospital vs. a clinic.  His name is Alejandro Crespo.  He and his wife are both plastic surgeons.  But... he works out of Tijauna and I just don't care for that city.  So I'm still searching. I really do wish this whole thing was OVER with once and for all. :o/
Ladybugz_247
on 3/1/08 12:28 pm - Ontario, CA

Wow Thanks for that link so full of good advice.. bottom line research research research.. good luck to you all :)

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/08 12:39 pm - AZ
On March 1, 2008 at 8:28 PM Pacific Time, Ladybugz_247 wrote:

Wow Thanks for that link so full of good advice.. bottom line research research research.. good luck to you all :)

Thank you.  I wrote it. ;o)))))))))))))
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views