Arrived in Mexco

mrsbu
on 2/20/08 5:27 am - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/21/08 with
Well we got here yesterday afternooon and checked into the hotel, Driver was very nice and brought us straight to hotel very simple.It is a nice hotel and the rooms are very nice. I don't think I would consider it a 5* as we have stayed in them in Europe and the Middle East and this is more like a typical 3* all inclusive resort. Nice beach, pools, bars and the constant swarm of people trying to sell you timeshares, even when you ask they do not leave you alone. As reported the beds are like rocks, almost like box springs without a mattress type feeling.,pillows are hard too bought a feather pillow at walmart today.    Dh ate here at the buffett yesterday and said it was good, it smelled great and he had a drink. I had bullion and water it came to about 32.00USD, again this morning roomservice for his meal coffee, youghurt and tea was also 33.00USD. I have read from other people that the hotel caters  to WLS people, as of yet I have not seen tha****er in room is 3.50USD and a carafe of ho****er is 10.00USD brought to your room. Aside from the bullion they have no fat/sugar free yoghurt, milk etc available on any menu. Maybe things have changed since last posters where here as they have referred to free water in rooms that is gone.  We have an ocean view room and it has free wifi so we have computer acess which is fabulous. We are looking at this as anyother vacation so all the extraa expense is fine. I just wanted to let people on a budget know what to expect.Our building offers a free continetal breakfast from 8-11, cookies and coffee all day and a hapy hour from 5-7 so it is great for anyone that comes with you. I have not had any contact with Dr's staff, received letter on arrival with instructions and when to show up at hospital, 30 pesos for taxi and a laxative. we are here 2 days early so .is understandable. We cam.e early as when you fly from Charlotte you are never assured that you are going to get where you want to go when you want to be there. We went to Walmart bought some water and therua flu as DH woke up with 104 fever last night and I am now nursing him back to health. Hotel is very clean so I have a very good feeling about recovering here, I am not the least bit nervous just ready to have my RNY and get rid of my Diabetes. So far it has been a great experience. Anyone considering Mexico should contact Dr. Joya as he is offering a special that is 1000.00 less then I paid,
Lisa.O
on 2/20/08 11:56 am - Cordova, TN
Glad you made it safe and sound!

Lisa O

I saw two shooting stars last night

I wished on them, but they were only satellites

Its wrong to wish on space hardware

I wish, I wish, I wish you cared--Kirsty McColl

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views