Lap Band Removel

mikkozoe
on 2/13/08 8:24 pm - Conyers, GA
OK i have a questions ....I have been having problems since a over fill in June with my Upper GI ....I am going for a Barium Sowell in the next few weeks to see if it is my band or my body acting up .  I really do not think it is the band cause when i am not sick i can eat just fine and drink jsut fine.  but if it is my band i was wondering if anyone knew how much it would be to go back to Mexico to get removed?  Laura
LinZhi's Mum
on 2/14/08 8:44 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Laura,  I am sorry your having some issues. Maybe, its just some irritation around your stoma or band area. The upper GI should show if band is in place, slipped or maybe ulcer areas. Hopefully everything is okay. I assume you got fluid out? did you get all the fluid out? Have you considered getting all fluid out ( if not already) and let your tummy rest? Maybe do soft foods a bit, and start some type of med like zantac or pepcid.  As far as getting it removed, I had a band, and had 2 problems occur with my port. My doctor, the late Dr. Sanchez monterrry Mexico, flew me down there and paid for everything. He was such a generous man, and very good on following up with problems.  You can always email your doctor and get some advice and feedback? As a returning pt, he should be very fair. I would contact him as soon as possible and give him your symptoms.  Goodluck!!!! Keep us informed Sandy

Hugs,                           
Sandy aka LinZhi's Mum

pattyhdz
on 4/5/08 2:00 pm - mcallen, TX
hi my md here in mcallen tx liked dr sanchez but he was telling me what had happened to him. And that md was the only one my md new. How do u folllow with down there now that he is gone. Thanks patty p.s what hospital did you have it done at?
glamacurls
on 2/29/08 10:40 pm - Olive Branch, MS
RNY on 02/19/08 with
Hey Laura, I had my band removed and revision to RNY in Mexico last week by Dr. Joya. He charged $1500 for the band removal. I do highly recommend Dr. Joya and his team. Feel free to contact me with any questions! Hope this helps
Julie
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/08 7:18 am - AZ
On February 14, 2008 at 4:24 AM Pacific Time, mikkozoe wrote:
OK i have a questions ....I have been having problems since a over fill in June with my Upper GI ....I am going for a Barium Sowell in the next few weeks to see if it is my band or my body acting up .  I really do not think it is the band cause when i am not sick i can eat just fine and drink jsut fine.  but if it is my band i was wondering if anyone knew how much it would be to go back to Mexico to get removed?  Laura
Most docs will give you a break on the surgery if they did the original surgery.  But if you go to someone else you'll likely pay a little more. What problems are you experiencing?  Anything we can help with?  The first goal would be to try and save your band and not get another surgery.
mikkozoe
on 3/2/08 9:36 pm - Conyers, GA
well right now what is going on is about once or twice a week i am getting very nassaus (sick to my stomach) and then i just can not even function for the day i feel so sick.  it takes about a day/night to go away ad then the next day i feel fine.  but i will dry heave during the day and nothing comes up since i am not eating ...so i am throwing up air really.  very strange.  i am going to get my gall bladder tested tomorrow and i am think that is the problem and i hope it is.  that is something thta can be fixed here.   Thanks for all  the advice and help. 
(deactivated member)
on 3/3/08 4:06 pm - AZ
On March 3, 2008 at 5:36 AM Pacific Time, mikkozoe wrote:
well right now what is going on is about once or twice a week i am getting very nassaus (sick to my stomach) and then i just can not even function for the day i feel so sick.  it takes about a day/night to go away ad then the next day i feel fine.  but i will dry heave during the day and nothing comes up since i am not eating ...so i am throwing up air really.  very strange.  i am going to get my gall bladder tested tomorrow and i am think that is the problem and i hope it is.  that is something thta can be fixed here.   Thanks for all  the advice and help. 
What leads you to believe this is band related?  Thus asking about band removal?
mikkozoe
on 3/4/08 7:47 pm - Conyers, GA

I was just thinking of worst case.  I was thinking to begin with that my band might have slipped but now i found out my Gallbladder is bad so that is hopefully what is causeing all my pain.

Laura

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views