I am sooo ready for this ! But......

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/08 4:33 pm, edited 2/8/08 6:13 am - HI

I'm sick and tired of struggling with insurance and doctors pre op requirements,one says I have to go to classes 3X's a week for 3 months from 6-9 pm,that's another part time job if you ask me and I'm a single mom of 3. Another wants me to lose at least 60 lbs before have surgery,If I could I would !!!! Then on top of all that,here in Hawaii your looking at at least a 6 month wait to get a surgery date. INSANE I'm headed to Mexico. SO what if I have to pay,Ive been trying to have this done for 3 yrs here and all the stress and disappointment isint worth it anymore. I will be 40 this year (GULP) and Ive wasted enough time.Thanks to all of you I have taken the 3 best Dr's according to all of you and emailed all of them and asked for information and after I check all there credentials and certification I will decide from there. Even if 10,000 is a lot of money to me,I'M dieing,day after day and when I woke up and realized I'm robbing my kids of a healthy active lifestyle .I decided I would rather be in debt for awhile then live this way. I want to thank all of you for posting and commenting on your experiences,Ive silently been reading them several times a week and I'M very thankful for all the useful information you'all have given me. TracySue

Eggface
on 2/8/08 9:58 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Well heck 1-1/2 years ago I could have wrote that post... Best wishes I hope your experience is as good as mine was. ~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/08 10:57 am - HI
Laurie D.
on 2/8/08 10:00 am - OR
RNY on 07/16/07 with
Hi TracySue,  I too struggled with insurance and ultimately decided to go to Mexico for surgery.  In some ways I am glad as it would have meant at least another year of jumping through hurdles even after being approved.   My surgery experience in Mexico was excellent and I wish you all the best in your WLS journey!   Take care. Loree 

H 312  /  C 148 
Visit my WLS blog at:  www.bluepetels.blogspot.com

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/08 10:53 am - HI
(deactivated member)
on 2/8/08 10:58 am - HI
bonnied
on 2/11/08 10:44 am - St. Albans, VT
You will not regret this! My only regret was not doing it sooner....well that and telling some people...some people hear Mexico and wig out...but oh well, who's laughing now??? You sound like a very intelligent  woman who is doing her research, so you will be fine. Make all your provisions...I planned for every possible scenario, like if I got home and had a problem, what I would do. My biggest fear was leaving my son..I was a single mom for many years...I kind of still count myself as one since my husband does not participate much in my son's life......so my thoughts are with you on that one. You are doing the right thing...and you are worth way more than the cost! I remember fighting with my husband over the $20k for my surgery. We have a $30,000 sportscar that sits in the garage and only gets driven 6 weeks a year. It costs $500 per month. I flipped out, "I AM WORTH AT LEAST WHAT THAT CAR IS!" And you know what? He didn't have too much to say after that! LOL! Blessings! Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/154
mrsbu
on 2/12/08 5:17 am - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/21/08 with
   I am now suffering thru my liquid diet adn am off to Dr. Joya's next Tuesday. My Insurance is useless and will not cover WLS under any cir****tances. So I am off to Sunny Mexico, I am just tired of eing tired all the time and want to rid myself of Diabettes. We come to a time in out lives where we must become the care taker to ourselves or we will not be able to card for anyone else.     Dr. Joya is running a promotion there is a 1000.00 discount if you book in February, you could book now and save yourself a grand. Call Gerald  866-509-0571 tell him I made you do it. Best of Luck
Sandra Mannaravalappil......The Best Darn Chubby Realtor in Charlotte LOL

lisaweisenbach
on 2/17/08 2:08 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with

Hi TracySue. Your words sound so much like mine.  That is why Im going to Mexico to get my VSG. Im 40 yrs old now and I still have a 9yr old at home that i want to see grow up. If I were to keep waiting....i would die b4 she graduated high school...I have no doubt about that. I wish u the best of luck on choosing a surgeon. There are several really good ones there. I chose Dr. Joya bc I read so many great things about him and his staff. I also get to go on a fantasy trip to Puerto Vallarta. It will be great to recover on a beach...never seen one, so it will be a week of big time adventures...maybe it will take away from any discomfort I have.. I have one month to go....cant wait.. hugs

Diane M.
on 2/17/08 2:44 am - Lakeside, CA
HI, I was just wondering which three Dr's I myself would like to have the bypass surgery I am having trouble deciding on which Dr. in Mexico? Diane
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views