New Border Crossing Requirements

Lisa.O
on 2/2/08 10:42 pm - Cordova, TN
Good Morning Folks!

Just wanted to let everyone know that you now need either a passport or a picture form of ID (such as drivers License) and a birth certificate to cross the border. A passport is always safest, but the other 2 will work. Take care!

Lisa O

Lisa O

I saw two shooting stars last night

I wished on them, but they were only satellites

Its wrong to wish on space hardware

I wish, I wish, I wish you cared--Kirsty McColl

stefanie82
on 2/3/08 2:33 am - Springfield, OH
Hi Lisa! My name is  Stefanie, I was wondering if you knew when we will have to have a passport? I know it was supposed to be this year, but some people are saying that not until this summer. Thanks, Stefanie
lisaweisenbach
on 2/3/08 6:33 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
Implemented on January 23, 2007, ALL PERSONS traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean region are required to present a passport or other valid travel document to enter or re-enter the United States.  http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html here's the website on it. my husband and I just got our passports in the mail. It took about 2 wks to get mine...a bit longer for his...but we are ready to go now

stefanie82
on 2/3/08 8:42 am - Springfield, OH

What if your traveling by car?

Eggface
on 2/3/08 11:19 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Car and walking across you still only need your driver's license. This will change supposedly this year but they are so backlogged with passport requests it won't be for awhile. ~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Eggface
on 2/3/08 11:20 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Hey Lisa, Entering by car or walking across you still only need your driver's license. This will change supposedly this year but they are so backlogged with passport requests it won't be for awhile. Flights only need a passport. ~Michelle

Lisa.O
on 2/4/08 9:25 am - Cordova, TN
Hey Eggface,

Should I call you eggface or do you prefer Michelle? Let me know which you prefer, please Ma'am!

I work in a travel agency and we got the word on Thursday to inform all our travelers they can still use the drivers license but to also have their birth certificates. It was now needed to "back up" the DL. So, I may be incorrect, but still better to be safe than sorry. I hope this doesn't sound like I am being argumentative! I don't mean to be!

Lisa O

Lisa O

I saw two shooting stars last night

I wished on them, but they were only satellites

Its wrong to wish on space hardware

I wish, I wish, I wish you cared--Kirsty McColl

Eggface
on 2/4/08 10:35 am - Sunny Southern, CA
LOL either is fine. Good to know. I just crossed the San Ysidro border crossing last week and they only wanted Driver's License but hey maybe next time it will be different. Thanks for the heads up. ~Michelle

stefanie82
on 2/3/08 9:16 pm - Springfield, OH
Thanks guys! Stefanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics