be lightweight - dr.corvala???? is this real or fake????

zcat
on 1/25/08 5:30 am - los altos, CA
hey anyone heard anything about dr. lopez corvala and belightweight ???? i am getting a lap band soon and just want to know anyone who has followeed through with this company/doctor etc,  if you did how was it???? i am scared of getting ripped off or mal practice and what not. let me know please!!!!1
Jennifer W.
on 1/25/08 6:27 am - Kimberly, OR
I have not heard of that specific doctor. However, I have heard of "be lightweight" from my own bariatric surgeon. He referred to that website when he was explaining to me why he chooses not to advertise his practice on the internet. Other than knowing the site charges doctors a lot of money to advertise, I know nothing more. Jen

PrincessCamelia
on 1/25/08 8:09 am - Oakland, CA
I have heard good and bad about Dr. Corvala when I was researching the LapBand surgery.  The opinion seems to be pretty mixed with some people loving him and others not due to complications on the Lap Band.  If you go to LapBandTalk.com and type in Corvala you will get tons of hits on him so you can form your own opinion. 
ponyup
on 2/2/08 8:28 am - Mattoon, IL
I am going with beliteweight, and have surgery  Feb 8th, with Dr. Jose Rodriguez, did you have a bad experience?  I am going to Juarez, Mexico
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/08 1:21 pm, edited 1/31/08 2:44 am - KenMan, CA
I don't know what anyone else thinks but.....doesn't corvala look like a serial killer??? http://www.belitemexico.com/surgical_team.htm And not only that, it says that he is a former member of SAGES??? Does that mean they revoked his membership??? Doesn't that mean he really screwed up???
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/08 8:25 am - AZ
On January 25, 2008 at 9:21 PM Pacific Time, KenMan wrote:
I don't know what anyone else thinks but.....doesn't corvala look like a serial killer??? http://www.belitemexico.com/surgical_team.htm And not only that, it says that he is a former member of SAGES??? Does that mean they revoked his membership??? Doesn't that mean he really screwed up???
HAHA!  I hadn't noticed that before but now that you mention it.....
kathy05
on 2/27/08 12:26 am
I had my band done on the 22 of feb in Mexico with Dr rodriguez in Juarez  and went thru Belite  It was a good experience and met several others who did the same .. I would recomend them ,,, as it gives you a contact person who ufamiliar and can help you answer questions....
ou812shatyahoo.com
on 1/17/09 2:52 pm
You're in good hands. I had my surgery Dec 19, '08 and I've lost 30 lbs already. Dr Corvala was a very professional guy. Next Monday is my first fill. Go, don't be worried you'll get ripped off. I didn't. Say hi to Isabella. She's a short little nurse with a big heart. I loved her! If you want to talk to me you can call me at 425-931-9622. FYI, my facilitator was Jessica. I know Ishi as well.

Scott
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views