Dr. Aceves? Financing?

Rita T.
on 1/15/08 11:54 pm - Clearwater, FL
So iam thinking about getting Lap RNY with Dr. Aceves and I just wanted to know what you all think of him?  Also I went through Med financial to get financing but was only approved for 5,500. I was wondering if I had my mother apply (didn't work as a co-signer) and get her own amoutn of mnoney if she would be able to use that money for my surgery? Anyone have any exprience with this?
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/08 4:54 am - AZ
I don't know how financing works but I know someone who does.  She had a bankruptcy and was able to get a decent loan for her band at a decent rate. If you go to lapbandtalk (dot) com and look for a member by the ID of Coltonwade, she knows all about financing.  I think she had her surgery in the states by Rincon but she did the whole financing part.  She seems to know a great deal about it.  I don't know if she posts over here or not, if she does I don't know her ID.  Might be Coltenwade. Dr. Aceves is great.  He did my band, he's a very good, quality, skilled surgeon with excellent stats.  Just saw him last week for a fill.
pfeilstd
on 1/29/08 8:28 pm
I am looking at going to Dr Aceves. I am from Minnesota. I can't find a fill place that does fluero. do I really need fluro when i have a fill?
Tracy
on 1/21/08 11:36 am - Arlington, TX
I am a patient of Dr. Aceves. I had the lapband placed in March 2005. I love Dr. Aceves! He is truly a caring doctor and I consider him a great surgeon. You can read more about my story on my website www.tracyslapband.com . I am not trying to promote my web site, just felt if you wanted to learn more about Dr. Aceves and my experience, that might be the place to start.

Lapband 3/1/05
Lost 120 lbs-gained 50lbs back
Sleeved 6/2/09-Lost 20lbs gained it back after hysterectomy on 1/15/10

As of 11/7/2015 I have gained all my weight plus some. I weigh 313lbs. I blame it on steroid injections I received for my back, the cymbalta i am on for fibromyalgia, I was on Lyrica for 3 months and gained 30lbs, and I found out I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis as well as Pcos. I had back surgery and had to lay flat for three months which didn't help either only to find out a year later the surgery was a failure. I now have a spinal cord injury and I am in a wheelchair! So much has happened since I last visited this site. The only thing I can do is swim. I am going to try and do this at least 2 times a week and work up to more!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views