Mexico Worry....

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/08 9:15 pm - Leesburg, VA
VSG on 05/03/11 with
Anyone been to Mexico for surgury?  Anyone gotten Montezumas Revenge?  Whew I went to Cancun for my honeymoon and got it bad the day I got there.  I had it for a month after I got home.  I would think the hospitals would be very careful but who knows.  Should I bring a ton of bottled water?
Ginah Clark
on 1/3/08 3:56 am
I read in another poster that she could not bring bottled water in. Maybe you could buy some there
Laura N.
on 1/3/08 3:53 pm
I do not know what that is, but when I went for my surgery we did stop at the grocery store there & bough****er. Get this, they even have a costco there. Laura

TheFox
on 1/12/08 4:23 pm

There are currently Costcos in at least 5 countries. We're slowly taking over the world. MWHAHAH!!! Err.....did I just give away what company I work for?

Jennifer W.
on 1/4/08 2:27 am - Kimberly, OR
If you go to Ensenada, because it is a resort town with the Cruise ships always in port, the entire town is pretty much offering purified water.  I wouldn't worry about Montezuma's revenge. If you are in a restaurant, specifically ask if they purify the water. I bought bottled water at the grocery store there. I had NO problems. Dr. Valencia (my doctor) was great. I'm not sure where you've selected to go, but if you're still in the decision making process, feel free to read about my experience on my profile. Jen

cherokeegoddess
on 1/5/08 7:55 am - Madison, WI
Lap Band on 04/02/07 with
LOL....i had the same question before I went in April.  Piedras Negras Hospital makes all their food with bottled water.  No one I have ever talked to got ill.   Ask your surgeon's coordinator....they will know what you should do. Good Luck Laura 

Jill B.
on 2/12/08 1:08 pm - Canton, TX
Lap Band on 03/07/08 with
Thats were I'm going for my surgery. How was it? Did everything go good? I am nervous about it.
lisaweisenbach
on 1/7/08 8:10 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
I havent had my surgery yet, but am going to Puerto Vallarta in March for it.  My friends on the VSG forum have told me to be sure and not drink the water, but you can buy bottle water once you get there. I was told there is a Walmart a few blocks from the hotel that I will be staying at. I dont know about Dr. Alvarez's location....Im seeing Dr. Joya....but Im sure there is problaly a Walmart close by. Not to mention that you will be staying in Texas after you get out of the hospital, right? I think thats how his works. i will be in Mexico my whole 5 days there, so I will be sending my husband to Walmart for water and snacks..

marianacc
on 1/20/08 12:32 pm - Mexico
hi, i`m mexican and here we know that we can´t drink from the pipes, so everything we drink and cook is purified, so don´t worry about it, just make sure you buy some watter from a regular store. and becareful with spices. hohoho.
bienvenidos a México amigos
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views