Here I am

Laura N.
on 12/26/07 5:34 pm

Happy Holidays to everyone. I am so glad the Holidays are about over. I can not look at another plate of cookies at my office. Okay I did more than just look, I dove right in. I could have lost more weight, but I have been cheating & not exercising. Whats funny is I remember telling myself before surgery there was no way I would cheat after surgery. I have not posted in a while, and thought this would be a good time to give an update. For the most part I am doing well. I am down 65lbs in 5 months. Wow how the time has passed. Dr Valencia has called me a few times to check up on me & answer any questions that may have come up. I am going to stay positive & keep moving in the right direction. I was attending  a WLS support meeting twice a month & even stoped that for a while. I went back this past Saturday, and it felt good to get back on track. Anyway thank you to everyone who has been here for me. And Happy New Year to you all. Laura

Jennifer W.
on 12/28/07 10:59 am - Kimberly, OR
Hey Laura, I will be flying down to Phoenix sometime before February. Lets get together and share a healthy lunch. I will call you soon.  I love Dr. Valencia, but my weightloss is going pretty slow. He wants me to increase my protein and calories to 1500/day. What are you getting in daily for calories? Are you following the post op diet? Did Sandy Johnston send you a post op diet? So many questions.... Congrats on the 65 lbs gone forever... YIPPEEEE

Laura N.
on 12/28/07 3:37 pm
Hi Jen I am eating lots of high protein foods. Cottage cheese, salmon, tuna, chicken, & salads I have been bad durirng the holidays, but otherwise I basicly eat like I am on a diet. I try to eat healthy. Hope to see you in Feb. Laura

Eggface
on 12/29/07 2:37 pm - Sunny Southern, CA
 Laura!!! Be sure to visit OH and read posts a few times a week. It really keeps my head in the game. ~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Traci L.
on 12/31/07 11:48 pm - Henderson, NY
Hiya, Laura.  Drop the cookie!  Don't give up, you'll get right back on track... 65 lbs in 5 months is fabulous!!!  Good to hear from you!  Take care, and happy new year! Traci
TTFN
Diane M.
on 1/1/08 10:58 am - Lakeside, CA
Hi, I am looking into have the bypass surgery in Mexico can you help me would you recommend Dr. Valencia can you tell how the whole experience was for you I am so undecided on what Dr. in Mexico would be the best I am a little nervous about have surgery in Mexico? Thank you Diane    
Laura N.
on 1/1/08 12:14 pm
Hello there, I would recommend Dr Valencia to my own Mother. He is a great Dr with excellent credentials. I am very happy that I chose him for a doctor. Fell free to read about my experience on my page. I have lots of information there.  Laura

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views