new here - considering Mexico for surgery

lisaweisenbach
on 12/13/07 12:46 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
Im looking for all the advice and knowledge I can get concerning surgery in Mexico.  Ive never been out of the country.. I live in Arkansas.  Heck...I havent ever been on a plane. ..... Yikes..super nervous about that...as if the surgery, etc wasnt stressful enough lol so far Ive looked at Dr. Joya and Alvarez...they both look great.  Im wanting to get the VSG and both of them do that one.  Has everyone here been satisfied with their Mexico adventure/surgery? Just tell me everything...as much as you can anyway.... very appreciative!

Eggface
on 12/13/07 2:50 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Hi Lisa, I had RNY surgery in Mexico and 8 weeks ago I had plastics in Mexico (Lower Body Lift, Breast Lift/Augmentation, and Arm Lift) it's not for everyone but it was the best thing I ever did for myself. -146 pounds and at goal. Off all meds (I was on 8 for high BP, GERD, Sleep Apnea) all are resolved. From a tight size 26/28 to 10. Absolutely no complications.

If going out of the country is an option be aware there are good & bad Dr.'s in every country (research is key) and if your insurance won't cover the surgery chances are if you have complications they won't cover those either.  Here are a list of bariatric surgeons practicing in Mexico:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/professionals/showd ocs-international.php?Country=Mexico   If you click on testimonials # you can see what other OHer's have said about there experience. When I was researching I PM'd a few past patients and asked Q's. Most everyone was very willing to share their experience. You are also welcome to check out my journey (blog link below).  Best wishes in your research. If I can answer any Q's feel free to PM me. ~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Jennifer W.
on 12/13/07 5:23 am - Kimberly, OR
My doctor isn't on Eggface's link. He doesn't want to pay for advertising on the internet. . . .long story. If you would like to know all about my experience, just email me or look through my profile. Jen

Kimberly145
on 12/13/07 9:40 am
Greetings Lisa,
I am 3 weeks post op from Mexico. I went to Dr. Huacuz. My experience with him was terrific. His clinic and staff far exceeded my expectations. I too checked out his website and called people who had a testimony to share. They were honest and willing to spend as much time with me on the phone and through e-mail as I needed. I chose Dr. Huacuz because of his location in Mexico. I wanted to be able to drive to get my fills.

I have incorporated info from the Lap-band forum regarding small bites, and eating slowly. That is key to feeling like your band is your friend. The topics covered in that forum are generally something I can relate to. It is nice to have a support system as close as a key stroke away. So stay close to the site in the beginning of your Lap band experience.

Good luck to you and your journey. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions or what not.

Kimberly
Jennifer W.
on 12/16/07 10:30 am - Kimberly, OR
Hey there. I rarely see you on here anymore. I wish I could get in better contact with you. I had my RNY almost three weeks ago and things are going well.... too well. Nothing makes me sick. But, I'm also not losing weight very well either. Thyroid is slow and I'm dehydrated. My body is still in shock maybe but it doesn't act like it when I can eat whatever I feel like within limits. Take care, Jen

Maddy2
on 12/14/07 10:56 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Lisa, I am 8 days post op from Mexico, my surgeon was Dr. Cantu. Top notch. I feel great.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views