Dr. Valencia Called Me Last Night

Jennifer W.
on 12/11/07 10:51 pm - Kimberly, OR
I wrote the following in my blog on profile, but decided I wanted to share with the OH SOTB friends or others who may be considering WLS in Mexico. BLOG Dr Valencia called me last night to check on my progress which is good.
I have the greatest doctor. I don't have to deal with the "God Complex" from many American doctors. I told him a joke: "What's the difference between God and a Doctor?........ God doesn't think he's a doctor!" He laughed VERY hard and said it is true how some doctors get after completing medical school.

Dr. Valencia and I talk about everything under the moon. My daughter is taking Spanish and her class is doing that EXCHANGE STUDENT thing to either Mexico or Spain. If she wants to go to Mexico, Dr. Valencia will hook her up with the right connections down there. He was an exchange student in Eugene Oregon during his Senior year of Highschool in the same type of program.

We discussed my weight loss. He said I should be getting NO MORE than 1500 calories in daily. HOLY SMOKES... I'm trying to get between 500-750 and he said that may not be enough. I told him either the scale isn't moving or it's broken because my weight isn't changing although my measurements are slowing decreasing. He isn't too worried about that. He says I am still "in recovery" at two weeks out and it may take a lot longer for my body to accept what happened to it.  He was more concerned with my constipation issues. I have been directed to purchase MOM today. FUN FUN.. not. He is also releasing me to try regular foods starting next Monday. I told him I worry about chewing salad or rough things getting caught. He reminded me to chew chew chew and take small bites, eating slowly. He also stressed NOT overeating right now, or ever really. But right now we really need to keep my pouch small. I'm one of the lucky (or not) ones who is able to tolerate everything I eat well. I have tried eggs, ham, chicken, turkey, beef, soups, chowders, sea food and so far everything has gone down VERY well with no problems. The only little things that made me hurt a little were Orange Juice, Milk and Protein Shakes.  I'm since past that.

For those reading my blog... if you are thinking of going to Mexico for WLS, seriously contact me about Dr. Salvador Valencia in Ensenada/Tijuana (he practices in both locations). He isn't full of conceit, yet this man is published in many medical books and is truly one of the top skilled surgeons for bariatric surgery you could ask for. He is teaching at UCLA in Los Angeles and is right on top of the latest and greatest technology.... And the icing on the cake? You can purchase his services for under 14,000 dollars. 

He's becoming a friend to my family as well as his brother. We are inviting them up this summer for camping on Mt. Hood and boating/fishing in the lakes around here.

Eggface
on 12/12/07 12:17 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Isn't that awesome Jen!!! I met Dr. V when I was down there (works with Dr. A) really nice guy. I too was sooooo pleased with my Mexico Dr/hospital experience. I am forever spoiled. I have never had as caring Dr's, nurses, and staff as I had with my RNY (Dr. Aguirre/Ensenada) and now my Plastics (Dr. Quiroz @ Cosmed/Tijuana). I always tell people going South of the Border is not for everyone but it was the BEST GIFT I EVER GAVE MYSELF! ~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Zena L.
on 12/12/07 2:25 am
Hey Jen, It sounds like he has been an awesome Doc! I'm so glad to hear that your daughter may do an exchange program! I spent a summer in Spain and it was incredible. The best experience of my life besides the RNY. I hope it works out! Sounds like you are doing well...congrats on everything!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views