Plastics in Mexico

chels82
on 12/6/07 2:54 am - Fresno, CA
Okay, this is a major topic of discussion and concern amongst my friends and family that I am considering post-wls plastics in Mexico.  I have been denied for reconstructive surgery in California twice and I simply cannot afford to spend $22,000 on the work I would like to have/need to have done. I'm looking to have lower body lift, brachioplasty and thigh lift.  I have read up on Cosmed in Tijuana and heard nothing but positive things about them. Anyone who has had plastics in Mexico, can you answer the following questions? Tell me about your experience. What doctor did you go to?  Was the language barrier an issue? How much did you spend and for what procedures? How long did you spend in Mexico after the surgery and how often did you need to return for post-ops, etc? Drain removal, did you have someone in the States do it or did you have to go back to Mexico? This is something I'd like to have done in 2008, if possible. Thanks! Chelsea RNY - 5/05 250/130/119 4'10"
(deactivated member)
on 12/6/07 6:18 am - FL
I have not had the type of plastic surgery that you are referring to but I have a scar that I have to get removed about every 10 years or so.  It usually is about $2000 out of pocket at 80/20 insurance.  I do not have insurance right now.  My Lapband surgeon in Tijuana refered me to a Plastic Surgeon in Mexico and it will cost  $1500 to get my scar removed.  His website is http://www.drjaviergarcia.com/.  I have met him and he is an english speaking.  That is all I can tell you.  I hope it is helpful. Eugene
avidtravlr
on 12/7/07 12:17 pm - Toronto, Canada
I had a LBL in Tijauana in August.   The surgeon took 26 lbs of skin and the difference is remarkable.  I did arrange to have my GP back home take out my drains and stitches however I had drain problems upon my return home.  Having done my research I am convinced that my issues could have happened regardless of where I had the surgery performed however 3.5 months later, my incision is still open although it is healing well.  My drains fell out and the drainage pushed through in incision line at the groin area.  My surgeon spoke pretty good english and most but not all  of the nurses did as well.  I was in Mexico for 9 days before coming home and this length of time was preplaned.  Good luck with you investigation.  It is a very tough decision but I have no regrets.
Lisa.O
on 12/8/07 10:36 pm - Cordova, TN
I am going in January to meet with Dr Quiroz at Cosmed. I too have heard only good things about him. If every thing checks out, I will be using him for my surgery. He is much less than I can get in the states, and he played phone tag with me for 2 days before we got to talk on the phone. I was impressed with my phone consult, and he had no issued whatsoever with me wanting to see the facilities before I committed to anything. SO far, I am impressed. Lisa O Memphis TN

Lisa O

I saw two shooting stars last night

I wished on them, but they were only satellites

Its wrong to wish on space hardware

I wish, I wish, I wish you cared--Kirsty McColl

Eggface
on 12/9/07 1:50 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Hi Chelsea, I'm 7 weeks out from a LBL, BA/BL, and Arm Lift with Dr. Quiroz at Cosmed Clinic in TJ, Mexico. I am very pleased.

You are welcome to click on my blog link below and read about my experience. Once there, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the plastic surgery label to see only posts related to that topic.

~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?