Lapband over previous bypass

darnell239
on 12/1/07 12:55 am - Columbia, SC
Is there anyone out there who has a lapband over their previous bypass?  I am in the process of trying to have this done.  However, I am a little skeptical on how well this will work.  From the very few people on this website who have had it I have heard mixed reviews.  Can anyone share their experience with me?
(deactivated member)
on 12/2/07 2:55 pm - AZ
If you have had bypass previously this is the only procedure left for you.  It's this or nothing. There are many many successful band after's.  Meaning, band after bypass.  You can do quite well but just as ANY WLS this is not an easy fix, you have to do your part.  If you do your part, work on food issues, change your food lifestyle, focus on portions, eat slowly, chew well, don't overeat... you'll do great. If you think that a lifestyle change is not in order and you can sit on the couch and lose weight, you are in error. There are many reasons for overeating both biological and emotional.  However, there is no excuse for not exercising.  If you can't run, power walk.  If you can't power walk then walk.  If you can't walk then do chair or swimming exercises. Do your part and it can work quite well.
darnell239
on 12/2/07 8:27 pm - Columbia, SC
Actually banding after a previous bypass is not the only procedure left.  A person can be revised a different surgery type and could be bypassed more.  This post was for people who have had the procedure of a band over their previous bypass.  I found your post to be lecturing and I didn't not need the input you provided.  I only wanted to know if you had this procedure.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views