band in place

pan100
on 11/29/07 2:53 am - Cresson, TX

My band was placed Nov.27th (2 days ago) by Dr. Rumbaut and everything went fantastic, experiencing very minimal pain (sutures where port is located) and a little gas pains, liquids are passing very well, and i have already lost 2 pounds since the pre-op testing ( 2 days ago).  Dr. Rumbaut and his entire staff is excellant,very caring and kind. The hotel staff is good. I am so impressed with the medical treatment here in Mexico (so much better than the states). I would recommend Dr. Rumbaut to anyone that is considering wieght loss surgery.

Zena L.
on 11/29/07 3:33 am
Just wanted to say congrats on your band! I also was very impressed with my care in Mexico, would do it again in a heartbeat. My boyfriend had the band here in dallas not long ago and I gotta say I was less than impressed with his care and the hospital.
(deactivated member)
on 12/2/07 2:57 pm - AZ
There are many great surgeons in Mexico and Rumbaut is certainly one of them.  Congrats to you!  The day of surgery really is the first day of the rest of your life.  A newer and better life! Welcome to this side of the bench!
Kimberly145
on 12/3/07 1:02 am
CONGRATULATIONS! Happy to hear that you are doing well.
I was banded on November 23rd. I started blended foods three days ago, what a delight that was. Biggest lesson learned first meal out. Take small bites and wait at least 30-45 seconds between. Sliming is real, so is the tightness and general pain in the chest. I was scared to death that I would vomit. I felt it coming a few times, but it was just a warning not to do it again.

I would also recommend my surgeon to anyone who inquired. His name is Dr. Daniel Huacuz. He and his staff was very professional and caring.

May your recovery continue to be smooth and uneventful. Happy travels. Kimberly
bonnied
on 12/19/07 10:04 am - St. Albans, VT
Glad to know you are well and that Dr. R is still great. He will always be my favorite doc! Bonnie lap RNY 6/3/05 264/155
pattyhdz
on 4/5/08 2:16 pm - mcallen, TX
it now april how are u doing, i am thinking of going to him, MY niece went Dr barajas and got what sound like a non adjustable band , so not sure to which of the @ to go please respond so you can tell my your exp. thanks patty
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views