Dr Francisco Contreras from Betancourt Medical

robinnlea
on 7/15/08 1:17 pm - covington, WA
Please I would like to know as much as you can tell me about Betacourt and Dr. Contreras

You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks
Cari H.
on 12/3/07 2:26 am - greenville, SC
I personally know All the staff at betancourtmedical and I had my band placed there.  They are the most loving group of people.  I had no problems what so ever.  I was banded in March of 07 I was 286 starting today I weigh 194.  Infections happion at every sergical center.  The sergical spa that they have is fabolous.  It is very clean also.  The drs take all precations to make sure you are well.  you stay at a 5 star hotel.  Have a staff at you beck and call.  E-mail me if you have any questions.  I will give you streight answers not here say oh and Dr. Betancourt is a Dr he is not a sugern thus Dr. Contreras dont beleive everything you hear

DISCLAIMER:  DYSLEXIA = ALL CAPS TELL ME AGAIN I HAVE A LAUGH OR CRAP BAND BUT I HAVE STILL LOST JUST AS MUCH AS YOU, SO KISS MY CHOKE CHAIN!!!!!!!Banded march 07 Bonified BANDit for life Start 286-Now 173-Goal 150                            Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/07 4:35 am
I was banded by Dr. Lopez at Betancourt Medical in July and am very pleased.
cmo13130
on 8/18/08 1:57 am - San Dimas, CA

I was banded at Betabcourt on June 16th by Dr. Almansa.  He was wonderful.  He explained everything to me and after the surgery was over, I had very little pain and discomfort.  Of course I had gas, but that's part of the program.  They took very good care of me and the others who had surgey that day.  We had a driver and translator for the walking, shopping and "eating" experiences in Tiajuana.  The hotel was very nice, and they have a personal touch that you cannot find in the U. S. hospitals.  It has been 2 months and I have lost 32 lbs.  I had a fill after 6 weeks and Dr. Almansa was sure to be the one who did the fill.  I t made the first time so much easier because I know and trust him.  My U.S. doctor removed the stitches and he was impressed with the work that Dr. Almansa did.  He also looked at the box from the band and read the booklet that came with it.  He was very supportive and not the least bit concerned about the quality of care I received.  I healed quickly and feel better than I have felt in years.  I researcged the process for over a year, while I saved the $, and talked to others that had the surgery at the Betancourt Medical Center.  I went in with a positive attitude and did not let the naysayers live rent free in my head.  I am grateful, glad I had it done and would do it all again in a heatrbeat.  It's wonderful to no longer be obsessed with the current diet and diet talk in the workplace.  Making the decision to have the band changed my life and for me it was a positive experience.  Cathy Ols California

erjinx
on 8/24/08 3:42 am
Thank you so much for your input.  I am heading there on Friday for the gastric sleeve and am very, very excited.  I feel like I'm opening a long closed door !!!!

Thank you and God Bless !!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/08 1:40 pm - AZ
No problem, Patti.

mikegil56
on 9/8/08 10:31 pm
I went thru alighterme.com where Sandy Johnston answered all my questions ([email protected]) and selected Dr. Liza Maria Pompa, and she is not only the best trained, but very loving and a sweetheart. You might go thru her website, limarp.com. However, I thought I was going to have the surgery at Emmanuel Bariatric Surgical Center, the spa, in Tijuana but instead it was done at Limarp, on the 6th floor with rooms overlooking a golf course. And I am happy I did. The first day I was the only one there, and was spoiled by the staff, like Dr. Daniela Colin.

Dr. Pompa has trained the staff and always does the same role in the surgery, and her assistant keeps to his. She said her family owns the center and maybe the building. I had the gastric sleeve and am very happy with it. When I got home on Sat, I weighed 300.8, and since then I have lost 5.4 lbs. In 3 1/2 weeks, I have lost 19 lbs. The staff doctors speak English very well, and the nurses do pretty well. I was able to leave after 2 days because I recovered quickly, but the $8500 fee includes up to 3 days and 1 in the Tijuana Mariott, a very good hotel.

One other point. Some doctors oversew the staple line with sutures, but this does not help, and makes leaks happen. In a test, they compared 100 patients with and 100 without this added step, and there were leaks with the sewing, which punctures the stomach and bunches it up, restricting the bloodflow. Dr. Pompa was observing another doctor when this happened.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views