I'm ready to go; Money's in the bank.

Jennifer W.
on 11/19/07 4:41 am - Kimberly, OR
Hey all my SOTB forum friends!! I got the money saved finally for Dr. Valencia in Ensenada to have my RNY surgery on Nov 27th. I went to his bank and deposited the cash into his account today (12,500 dollars!).  I'm so excited. This dream is really coming true!! Now if I can only keep my husband happy about having to stay with me for two nights in the hospital instead of the motel. He isn't keen on the idea of having to always stay with me...  Anyhoo.... things are looking up for me! YAYYYYYYYYYY

Zena L.
on 11/19/07 7:42 am
Yay congrats!! I'm so happy for you!  He will get over it so make him stay. At night you may need help before the nurse or nurses can get to you. I personally didn't want anyone staying in my room overnight but was thankful later that my mom was there. keep us posted!
Jennifer W.
on 11/19/07 7:57 am - Kimberly, OR
Thanks Amanda, What hospital did you stay at? Cardiomed or Velmar? I will be at Velmar and would like any information (recent) that others may be able to share with me and their experiences there. Jen

Zena L.
on 11/19/07 12:39 pm

Hey Jen, I stayed at cardiomed. I assumed that is where you would be. I though Dr. Valencia performed all his surgeries there. I guess I can't help you with that info! If it's anything like cardiomed you will be very happy! Amanda

Laura N.
on 11/20/07 5:07 pm
I was at velmar, you can see pictures of the room as well as read my ensenada experience on my page. Make sure you bring desitin with you. Belive me you will need it after the laxative starts to work. Also do not eat anything spicy a few days prior to going. What goes in hot comes out hot.!!! Laura

Jennifer W.
on 12/1/07 9:56 am - Kimberly, OR
Hey Laura, I'm on the loser's bench with ya now. Dr. Valencia's (both) of them were great. I am amazed at how often they called and stopped by during my stay. Things were great in Mexico. I would recommend our doc to ANYONE... Yeee Haw. How are you doing? Jen

Laura N.
on 12/1/07 12:34 pm
I am so happy for you. You will see the weight start to just melt off of you. Just wait!!  You will start to feel so much better about yourself. People will start to treat you differant. Its great. Stay in touch. Laura

Jennifer W.
on 12/11/07 10:16 am - Kimberly, OR
The weight isn't melting off... yet. Only 11 lbs since surgery. But I'm sure my body will kick into gear soon. Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views