7 days till Monterrey Mexico

pan100
on 11/17/07 11:19 pm, edited 11/17/07 11:21 pm - Cresson, TX
7 more days untill we fly to Monterrey Mexico (Sunday), then lap band surgery on the 27th of Nov( Tuesday). Dr  Rumbaut will be doing my surgery. I start my liquid diet tomorrow, im just supposed to do a 5 day liquid diet but im starting early so it will give me a couple of days to get used to it. wish me luck
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/07 7:52 am - FL

You will get tired of the liquid diet very quick.  I do not like beef or chicken broth.  I bought some ramen noodles and just drank the broth as a tolerable and cheap alternative.  I lost 14 pounds 5 days before surgery. Good Luck,

Eugene

pan100
on 11/18/07 8:55 am - Cresson, TX
hey Ramen noodles, i didnt think of that. thanks for the tip!
Jennifer W.
on 11/19/07 4:38 am - Kimberly, OR
I'm having RNY in Ensenada on the 27th with Dr. Valencia. We can be surgery buddies. I am on the liquid diet. My loving DH is making me awesome juice drinks with his juicer..... but I have to clean up the mess. Good trade off I guess. My diet (Liquid) is consisting of anything in liquid form until Sunday. Then for two days, I'll drink only things I can see through. So far, (second day into it) I'm doing ok. I can'****ch commercials or drive by restaurants right now, but in a couple more days the cravings should subside. Jen

pan100
on 11/19/07 9:22 am, edited 11/19/07 9:22 am - Cresson, TX
Well hello Jennifer,  its good to have a surgery buddy that will be going through the same life change as me ( well sorta im  having the Lap-Band). how many days does it take for the food cravings to go away? I am one day into the liquid diet and it really hasnt been that bad so far. anyway good luck on your end if I can be any help let me know. Dickie
Jennifer W.
on 11/19/07 10:13 am - Kimberly, OR
Your second third and fourth day will be harder... then you'll have shrunk your tummy enough that it doesn't "burn" and "churn". Tonight I had chicken broth. Family is having turkey spaghetti with peppers. I don't mind too bad.... and spaghetti is my ABSOLUTE favorite. And to think... I even cooked it. ... without tasting it. Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views