16 days until RNY in Ensenada

Jennifer W.
on 11/11/07 8:27 am - Kimberly, OR

I have 16 days left of waiting for my RNY surgery. I have to be on liquids for a week before and for a few weeks after. I expect Thanksgiving to be difficult.

Before I start the liquid protein diet, I wanted to ask what others did to make this more bearable? I think I will get out of the house and try to focus on anything other than food for the first few days.

Did anyone cheat at all? I was considering just a small slice of turkey, no gravy. Dare I??? I understand the doc is going to give me Montazuma's revenge anyway..... (laxative to clear my system).

Laura N.
on 11/12/07 1:58 am
Hi Jan, Please do not cheat. Traci gave such great advise. She is so right about not getting sucked into the old behavior. Also once the surgery is over, you probably wont even be hungery & therefor it wont be as hard as you think to just look away. The way I look at it is like this, why not take full advantage of the surgery & use this tool to the fullest. Once you start to loose the weight, you wont want to cheat.,I get so excited that I just want to keep moving forward. Tell Dr Valencia my Mom & I said hello. He will know who we are. You are just going to love him & his brother. Laura

Zena L.
on 11/12/07 11:34 am
Hey, I just wanted to say congrats on your surgery! Enjoy your time in Ensenada, i know I did!
pan100
on 11/12/07 11:17 am - Cresson, TX
hey im having the lapband surgery on the same day as you on 11/27/2007, so i will be on the liquid diet with you. Please DONT CHEAT! you will have the rest of your life to eat when you are hungry, but if you cheat you may not have the rest of your life to do anything. i will be doing this with you and if you need support or just someone to talk to feel free to call or e-mail me anytime at 817 559 3041 my name is dickie wayne.
baytraci
on 11/11/07 10:50 pm - Dundee, FL
No!!!! Do not start this venture by cheating! Trust me, once you do start, it is so easy to fall back into that kind of behavior. Oh I will have just a little of this or just a little of that. It wont' hurt me and before you know it, you are back where you were. It is so easy to do. Why don't you start out right and do exactly as you are supposed to and then it will be so much easier after the surgery to stick to your plan. And, why not wait and then in a couple of months after you have lost a lot of weight, celebrate by fixing yourself a great turkey dinner!  I love the banquet turkey, dressing, potatoes and peas dinner! Pop it in the microwave for five minutes and wallaboom....a great tasting meal with about 16 grams of protein! Yummy!!  But seriously, on Thanksgiving if it is the turkey flavor you want, just have some very creamy mashed potatoes with turkey gravy. If you are already contemplating cheating now, you will be doomed in the long run. I am only telling you this because I care and want you to be a success story!! I will keep you in my thoughts  and prayers and pray that your surgery goes well and that you won't be tempted come Turkey Day!! Be Strong!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs,  Traci Baylon
Traci Baylon
Surgery Date 3/1/2006
Starting Weight - 291
Current Weight - 148
Jennifer W.
on 11/12/07 2:20 pm - Kimberly, OR
Hey Traci, Thanks so much for the support and good suggestions. I was just having a bad day. I haven't cheated and I won't. Thanks so much. I'm really looking forward to a healthier life and to not being hungry??? Some say they don't have hunger and others say they are starving. I just hope I'm not a Hungry person. Hugs, Jennifer

Eggface
on 11/12/07 12:27 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Make some homemade broth with the turkey bones and veggies and then strain it.  Buy some boxed broths and mix them to create new flavors. Chicken mixed with Mushroom, Beef with Onion, etc. (Pacific Foods, Kitchen Basics, Wolfgang Puck, Trader Joes's makes good ones).  Take out Wonton Soup minus the wontons. Popsicles for texture. Hope this helps, ~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Jennifer W.
on 11/12/07 2:19 pm - Kimberly, OR
Hi Laura, I wrote this a few days ago... since I wrote it, I got over the desire to have turkey. I would rather have turkey over mashed potatoes because of the protein versus rotten carbs/starch. I am going to be on clear liquids and drink turkey broth and visit with family. Family is what it is all about anyway. Thanks to everyone, though for getting back to me and for all your suggestions and support!!!! Jennifer

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/07 12:10 pm - AZ
Good choice!  Don't cheat, it's not worth it.  The idea of the diet isn't just to clean out your colon it is for other reasons too. Good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views