Lap band over previous bypass

darnell239
on 10/27/07 11:28 am - Columbia, SC
Has anyone been to Mexico tho have a lap band placed over a previous bypass.  I am considering this as an alternative.  I had bypass 8 years ago and have gained back all of my weight except for 30 lbs.  If you have a had this procedure please share your experience.
Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 10/28/07 6:17 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
Not something I would recommend.. try going to the revision forum, though. (personally I think you should plan a revision.. smaller pouch and revised stoma)
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

mikkozoe
on 11/5/07 8:12 pm - Conyers, GA
i went to mexico and had a band put over my RNY.  And i havee loved every min of it.  My RNY "Broke" in  a way so now i know what my surgery was spouse to feel liek to begin with.  I have had no issues the only think i can think of is you do lose weight slower for some reason not sure why but i have noticed that and also with others i have talked to.  Maybe it is becasue we are use to the fast weight loss with the RNY and now it is slower i do not know.  But i got my band a year ago and i have lost 50-60 pounds ...I have not weighed myself latley actually ......but i love it and it is adjustable so when i go on vacation i have them take some out and when i get back i put it back in  Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views