thinking about having wls in mexico

imanie
on 10/5/07 8:19 am - lafayette, LA
Hi ,my name is imanie temple.Im thinking about having  the lapband surgery in T.Mexico.Have anyone heard of these docs.{Dr.Sergio Veerboonen,Dr.Ponce de leon,and Dr.Alberto Reyes}? If there is anyone whom had experience with any of these docs,I wanted to know if yall would like to share the experiences yall had? I want to have the lapband done but just want to know what to expect.Please email me [email protected] Thank yall,have a bless day!!!
Just Me
on 10/5/07 2:31 pm - Happy Place, TN
While I haven't had experience with any of the individuals whom you mentioned, my doctor was a great and I highly recommend him. Dr. Alejandro Aguirre M.D. He is a superior surgeon.  Don't think anyone in my area could have been any more successful at the time.
Jennifer W.
on 10/6/07 1:33 am - Kimberly, OR
Dr. Aguirre in Ensenada is HIGHLY respected and skilled. He performs Open RNY. He answers emails and is very thorough. Dr. Salvador Valencia is also performing surgeries in Ensenada. He performs Laproscopic RNY on Mondays and Tuesdays there and works in Tijuana as well. He did his fellowship at UCLA and is recognized by many American Medical Organizations for Bariatric surgeries. Dr. Valencia by choice does not advertise on the internet on many sites, but you can find information about him through www.alighterme.com  Good luck Jen

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 10/7/07 5:59 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
I recommend Dr Joya if you're looking into lapband :) http://drjoya.com He is an excellent surgeon and his team is spectacular!
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Zena L.
on 10/8/07 5:25 am
Hi Imanie! Hope all is going well with your search. I had surgery with Dr. Alejandro Aguirre. He and his team were amazing. I am doing wonderfully as well. I highly recommend him! Good luck!
Laura N.
on 10/11/07 4:54 am
Dr Valencia has a web site  obesityfree.com  he does both Lap Band and RNY. He did my RNY 10 weeks ago. Good luck to you. Laura

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views