Dr. Gonzalez

brezal_78
on 10/5/07 4:39 am - ME
VSG on 12/23/13
Does anyone have info on Dr. Gonzalez in Tajuana Mexico? He is charging $7500 for lap-band.

Heather
GraceUtah
on 10/5/07 6:13 am
I think I've seen his name somewhere before.  I'm sure if you do a search on him in the search box above, click on OH so it will search this site...you'll get the information on him. $7500 isn't bad.  I was a little luckier as I only paid $7000, but if the 7500 includes airfare it would be a good deal.

brezal_78
on 10/6/07 12:37 am - ME
VSG on 12/23/13
I can't find him on the OH search.  I have talked to his staff on the phone.  They seem really nice. Fills are free as long as I go back there.  My co-worker's sister went there last year and  no complaints.  I think I am scared because I can't find reviews about him on OH.
bewaremexico
on 10/28/07 7:06 am

Please be very careful of Dr. Gonzales at La Clinica de Cirugia Cosmetica .  I will tell you from experience.  I took my sister to the Clinica in June.   Three days later she was violently ill.  I called the Dr. and received no response from numerous calls.  We trekked to Mexico the following weekend.   After waiting 3 hours to see the Dr. she was admitted into surgery as the band created a severe blockage in her intestine.  $1200 dollars later they removed the blockage.  They insist the $1200 was NOT for the doctor's services but for the cost of the operating room.    She continued to vomit everything and was admitted into the emergency room in the states.  I called the Clinica so that the Dr. could staff with the doctors in the U.S.  No calls were made. Two weeks later we trekked back to Mexico.  Severe vomiting and paint. The incision where the port was placed was draining pus.  They gave her antibiotics and told her they would follow-up.  I called and spoke to Grace several times.  She said she would have the Dr. Gonzales call.  No Calls. We were back in August.  They had to remove the port as it had migrated to the incision and was ready to pop out.  They assured her that this had never happened before, however, we found out at the front desk, that there were SIX surgeries since June where the port had to be removed.  There was even a very young teenage girl in the waiting room that was going through the exact same thing my sister was going through. They then sent her for bariatric x-rays and informed her the Dr. would call to let her know the results.  Of course, no calls and the drainage from the wound was incredible.  The drainage soaked up a hand towel every four hours. We took her to the Dr. in the states that had not seen this type of "staph" infection in several years.  She is now being treated with mega antiobiotics.  He asked us to call La Clinica de Cirugia Cosmtica to request the results of the xrays.  Of course, Isaela and Grace nor Dr. Gonzales have returned calls.

My sister is scheduled to have the band removed in the States.  Please keep in mind also, that it takes 2 -4 hours crossing from Mexico to the U.S. at the border.  My sister was in severe pain throughout the travel.  This inexpensive Mexico ordeal from Dr. Gonzales adds up to approximately $11,300 not including the scheduled surgery to remove the band.  Dr. Gonazales has incredible charisma as do his assistants.  Follow-up is atrocious.  Please, before you decide on this surgery in Mexico, let my sister talk to you.  Please.

bewaremexico
on 11/2/07 1:55 pm
Please email me at [email protected] before you see Dr. Gonazalez.  You need to hear the truth. Marie
jenypoo
on 11/7/07 2:38 am - Aylett, VA
IS this the same Dr.Gonzalez in TJ? Is this the same place you went to? Heres a link to  http://www.golap-band.com/Team/team.html
bewaremexico
on 11/8/07 2:59 am
First, I would like to state that it is not fair that I criticize the Clinic and the staff so harsly.  Dr. J. Salas is one of the finest plastic surgeons I know.  I went to him and received excellent care from Dr. Salas and his team.  I do not want to burn my bridges.  Also, Dr. Gonzalez' support staff can only do so much also without his cooperation.    Secondly, there are so many fine surgeons in Mexico that I regret the name "BewareMexico".  I also should have allowed my sister to tell her own story.   Yes, this is the same Dr. Gonzales and this is my sister's story.  "My first surgery was on June 29th in Tijuana Mexico and performed by Dr. Gonzalez, I was ill from the beginning with fevers and vomiting. I returned home the day following surgery and became progressivley more ill to the point that I had to go to the ER on July 3rd and was told there to check myself out and go back to Tijuana to have my doctor there see me. On July 3rd I was back in surgery with an obstruction. My incisions never totally healed and kept opening up then closing down to a small hole then re-opening. It is now the size of a quarter for the last couple of months with a foul-smelling discharge and I was told after about my 3rd trip to ER and one trip to a physician assistant who finally did a culture of the wound that it was an uncommon type of bacterial infection. Oh, yes, it seems I had a reaction to the port which worked itself up to the surface of the skin and that was removed also in Mexico by Dr. Gonzalez under a local anesthetic. Thus far, this procedure which I did in Mexico because of the cost has cost me about $14,000 due to the trips to ER, surgeries and meds, CT scans and x-rays. I am now 4 months post banding and still have the hole and drainage and vomiting daily. Everyone in Dr. Gonzalez office is very nice and I am sure that they can't predict the outcome of a surgery, however, the communication between Dr. G and patient could be better. To date, I have not received a call from Dr. G regarding the results of my x-ray taken during my last visit to him. My band is the Swedish Adjustable Gastric Band, Lot #20003154"
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/07 10:57 am - AZ
Dr. Gonzales has a 4% erosion statistic.  Global erosion statistics are 1.3%.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views