Had RNY on 09/25 w/ Dr. Joya

Susan H.
on 9/27/07 11:36 am - Sedro Woolley, WA
RNY on 09/25/07 with
HI SOTB group! I just had my RNY in Puerto Vallarta with Dr. Joya and a handful of other wonderful doctors, on 09/25. This will be my 3rd night. All is going well. The first day or two were rough and to be expected. You just had major surgery. The care is wonderful. I just wish I brushed up on my spanish before I came. It is hard not knowing what they are saying. Other than that, all is well. My husband came with me and seems to be doing alright. The bed/couch is a bit short for him, but he gets out and about during the day and they feed him if he is here. I have chatted with a few other bypass people that are walking the halls with me. In fact, we were chatting in one of our rooms when my doctor was looking for me. The nurse came in and looked scared and relieved that she found me. We all had a good laugh on that one. They thought they lost a patient!!! Two more nights here and then off to the hotel. We upgraded our room to have beach access. I just hope it has good air conditioning. It is HOT and HUMID here....big time. Well I just wanted to pop in and let you know all is going well. Let me know if I can answer any of the questions that are floating around. Take care, Susan =0)

Susan H.
Start: 322/ Current: 190+ .  7 yr post RNY
***I lost my bookmark to my ticker so it doesn't reflect the correct numbers*** 

Kim M.
on 9/28/07 10:23 am - Poplar Grove, IL

Susan, Congrats!  I have a few questions if you do not mind.  I have been denied my BCBS of IL and am trying to appeal it.  However I have a feeling that I am going to be playing games and jumping through hoops like so many do!!!!  If you finance this,  do you know how much the payments are?  Do they do the lapband? I am so happy for you!!!!  Congrats and welcome to the losers side!!!!

Kim

Susan H.
on 9/28/07 10:59 am - Sedro Woolley, WA
RNY on 09/25/07 with
Hi Kim, Thank you for your words of encouragement. It's been a LONG haul for me to get where I am today. I won't write it all out on here and bore you with it, but if you want to read about all of my trials and denials....literally....it is on my profile. I went through the financing that is on Dr. Joya's site. (drjoya.com), efinancing solutions. They worked well with me and my credit. Which is mediocre. The interest is higher than I would've liked, but heard it's about par. Almost 18% and payments from are almost $500 a month. We are going to be refinancing soon and will wrap it into that. So that will help a lot.  I hope that answers your questions. Let me know if you have any others. I'm happy to help anyone out by my experiences to get to the Losers bench! Take Care, Susan =0)

Susan H.
Start: 322/ Current: 190+ .  7 yr post RNY
***I lost my bookmark to my ticker so it doesn't reflect the correct numbers*** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views