Horror Story w/a Surgeon in Tijuana

Newmie
on 9/27/07 9:22 am

Hi All, I had gastric bypass surgery 6 years ago and I went this past summer to a surgeon in Tijuana for reconstructive surgery.

I had some sagging in the breast/glute area.  I spoke to the doctor and asked him if implants would help to lift the skin - he said yes.  However, he bothed the implant work and now i'm having all sorts of problems.

If you want to ready my story and see my pictures, you can check them out here: Story: http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/viewtopic.php?t=58934 Pictures http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/viewtopic.php?t=58944 Regards,

GraceUtah
on 10/2/07 6:34 am
wow, congrats on the weight loss!    I was recently banded in Mexico and  my sister had a RNY in MD.  She had great success, too.  She has some  sagging but I don't know if she is going to have anything done. Hate you ran into a problem  My sister is uneasy about having anything  done because she knows a few people who things didn't turn out right for  them, either.  But they didn't go to Mexico...they had procedures done in MD.    Reconstructive surgery is risky and I haven't met anyone who it's turned out  right for. Thanks for sharing your story and we hope you are doing better.  You didn't  say who you went to except there is a name under your profile photo. Take care and keep us posted.

Newmie
on 10/2/07 6:52 am

Hi GraceUtah, Thank you!  Personally, having gastric bypass was the best decision that I have ever made for myself. Where in Mexico did you go for you banding?  What's your doctor's name. You're correct, I had to leave out the doctor that I went to because it's against that website's policy to post a negative remark on a doctor.   The doctor that did this to me is name Dr. Manuel Rosas - stay away from him!

If you consider reconstructive surgery in Mexico, please do your research.  Psjourneys.com has some great information on surgery abroad.  They'll be a great help.  Also, i've only heard great things about doctors at Cosmed.

I'll keep you posted on whom I choose to see for my revision.  It's most likely that i'll go see Dr. Fuentes at Cosmed.  He's been wonderful and ALL of his former patients rave about him.

All the best with your band - keep me posted on your weight loss. Regards,

Just Me
on 10/17/07 7:06 pm - Happy Place, TN
Hi, I'm thinking of having Dr. Fuentes perform surgery on me as well.  I wasn't exactly happy with the choice of CosMed because it seemed they were a little too aggressive with advertising.... Putting those thoughts aside, I have yet to see anything very negative about them.  My computer is running slow, so deep research isn't easy.  Email me and we can chat more. Best wishes.
Just Me
on 10/17/07 7:09 pm - Happy Place, TN
PS:  tried to view your message on makemeheal  but required log in and such. Think you could copy and paste it to a message for my email?  Very interested.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views