Dr. Lopez~carvala

Rebecca T.
on 9/23/07 6:53 am
Does anyone know anything about dr. lopez from belightweight in tiajaunna (sp) im conserdiering going there because to see dr. joya i would need a passport and to get the tiajaunna you dont have to have one. so if any one knows anything about this doc please let me know. im kinda in a hurry to make a decision.
Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 9/23/07 11:19 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
Any reason why you can't get your passport?? I wouldn't chose a Dr based on the need to get a passport... I loved Dr Joya and his team .. I went out of my way to get a passport so that I could go and get surgery in Puerto Vallarta :)
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Rebecca T.
on 9/23/07 12:41 pm
it took my sister 6 months for her passport to come in and i just dont have that much time. I am sheduled for RNY here in the US that my insurance is gonna pay for. but i really want the lap band and they dont pay for that. but my RNY is a week away. So i want to have somthing in Mexico set in stone before i cancel my RNY....Dr. Lopez was just the first Dr. i heard of down there til i came across ya'lls web site
Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 9/23/07 4:30 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
Call the passport office and ask for current waiting time. It was crazy for awhile because everyone was going to get passports when it became manditory to fly The wait is 2 weeks here... or 4 days if you put a rush on it (I'm in Canada right now)
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Cari H.
on 10/2/07 12:20 am - greenville, SC
You only need a passport to fly in to mexico.  You can fly into San Deigo and drive to TJ.  Try Betancourt medical they arrange everything from.  the plane ticket to the hotel ( or you can stay at the condo)  Betancourtmedical.com  When I was banded the plane ticket and hotel was included in the price.  The set everything up.  I was flown to San Deigo where the driver was waiting for me and took me to TJ Mexico.  We went stright to do my labs and I got settled in.  Everyone was great

DISCLAIMER:  DYSLEXIA = ALL CAPS TELL ME AGAIN I HAVE A LAUGH OR CRAP BAND BUT I HAVE STILL LOST JUST AS MUCH AS YOU, SO KISS MY CHOKE CHAIN!!!!!!!Banded march 07 Bonified BANDit for life Start 286-Now 173-Goal 150                            Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

aubreyr
on 10/9/07 12:32 pm - lubbock, TX
I am scheduled for banding 10/29 w/dr. lopez.  have 2 friends that just loved him.  i am nernous but ready to make a change.  good luck to you, aubrey-texas
karyartist
on 10/13/07 1:53 pm
I'm seeing Dr. Lopez this Monday the 15th of October and am so glad I chose him.  Everything will be positive I have no doubts about my choice of the lap band and going with him. 
aubreyr
on 10/14/07 2:19 am - lubbock, TX
Let me know how it goes.  Good luck.
zcat
on 1/25/08 5:27 am - los altos, CA
hey have you heard anything about dr. lopez corvala and belightweight ???? i am getting a lap band soon and just want to know anyone who has followeed through with this company/doctor etc,  if you did how was it???? i am scared of getting ripped off or mal practice and what not. let me know please!!!!1
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views