Pre/Post OP Cuties

baytraci
on 9/12/07 5:26 am - Dundee, FL
I knew after being so big that once I lost the weight, I would have saggy skin. It was a given!  Well here I am, down close to 150lbs and skin is hanging everywhere! My size 44D Breasts are now a size 36B and the B's just hang! So I bought these gel filled pads for my bra and they work quite well! I love them. Anyways....the other night I took off my bra and laid the pads on the counter in the bathroom. I filled the bath with ho****er with lots of bubbles and got in without locking the door. Silly me! It wasn't long before my granddaughter came to the door and said she needed to use the restroom. (Why she chose my restroom when we have two others is beyond me!) Anyways, Julia is 8 and the sweetest child you could ever know. Well, I gave her permission to go potty and as she sat on the throne we chit-chatted. She looked over at the counter and said, "Noni, may I ask you what in the world those things are on the counter?" I said "well honey, those are my new boobies."  And Why? may I ask do you need them?, was her response. Well honey,  After I had my surgery, I lost my boobies so I had to buy some new ones!  As I was lifting my arm to wash my face, she sees my saggy bare upper arms and says "Well At least you havn't lost your Angel Wings"!!!!! She is so precious!  Please share any pre or post op funnies you might have had in regard to your surgery or weight!!   Traci Baylon 281/145/139
Traci Baylon
Surgery Date 3/1/2006
Starting Weight - 291
Current Weight - 148
Janlunchbucket
on 9/21/07 2:22 pm - Mt. Juliet, TN
Lap Band on 08/30/07 with
That is priceless. Thank you for shareing!!
neisha =.
on 9/27/07 3:17 am - shawnee, OK

Traci,  I loved this story!  What a wonderful way to see things.  A child's perspective is priceless.  So, do you remember about where your weightloss was @ 3 months out?  I always gauge my weight by where you were!  I know it is crazy and no two are alike but it keeps me sane, gives me hope and direction. Neisha

baytraci
on 9/27/07 4:57 am - Dundee, FL
Neisha: How are you doing? And when are you going to update pictures?  I am going to add some today. I went on a cruise last week so I have some new ones to post.  I am so happy to hear that you agree that no two people are alike when it comes to comparison of weight loss. As long as you have that understanding you should do well.   At three months I was down 65 pounds and was in a size 18/20. I remember because I had gone to a family reunion in Mississippi last year in June and everyone was amazed at how tiny I was. Isn't that amazing that people think you are tiny when you are over 200 lbs and in a size 20. It was only because I had been so LARGE for so many years that it was tiny for me!  And within six weeks of the reunion I was in 16's and down 90!  I remember because in August of last year I wore a size 16 dress to Captains night on the cruise I took with my hubby and friends. I also wore size 16 capris and shorts. I was in size 10's by my one year anniversary. It all depends on the make of the clothing but now I can wear some 8's, some 10's and some 12's. I wear Meduim shirts and I feel great!  I get very tired at times but I only have myself to blame because I don't keep my proteins up. I have an appointment with my GP on Monday to have blood work done to see how everything is. Hopefully everything is fine! Take care and keep in touch. And keep up the good work!! Traci Baylon
neisha =.
on 9/27/07 5:17 am - shawnee, OK
Thanks for the info.  I have been stuck @ 57 for a couple of weeks now.  I know it will pick back up when I start exercising again but for the next week that is still out of the question.  You know, at times I can't help but fear and think, "What if I don't lose anymore and this is another failed attempt."  I know with my diet that is not possible and to be truthful, I'm surprised I'm not still losing without exercise because my caloric intake is really minimal.  Weightloss has never came easy for me!!!!!  Also when I put in in perspective.................almost 60 lbs in 3 months and a friend of mine is doing weigh****chers and has done great with that @ 19 lbs in 3 months.   I'll quit my worrying and obsessing. Neisha
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views