What was your worst experience while in Mexico

merika
on 8/23/07 6:43 am - Humble, TX
I will be putting down my deposit and hopefully setting a December surgery date with Dr. Joya soon.  I've been reading all the messages and I was just wondering, even if you had great experience, what was the worst thing about having surgery in Mexico.... there has to be something bad like I read recently the beds are hard in the hotel... something like that...  Thank you.
Zena L.
on 8/23/07 7:43 am

The worst part about being in Mexico for me was being homesick. Nothing else was bad about my experience. Be sure to buy phone cards before you go into surgery!

Laura N.
on 8/23/07 3:04 pm

My experience was wonderful. However the day befor surgery once I got to mexico I ate a bunce of pico de gillo (spelling is wrong) salsa. Then the night befor surgery I took the liquid laxative & OMG do I need to say anymor. Try telling spanish speaking nurses that you need desitin because your tush is on fire. The laxative cleaned me out big time. I know I have given you too much information. The only other bad experience was my Mom had to sleep on a futom in the hospital & it was very uncomfortable for her. Good luck. Laura

Eggface
on 8/24/07 2:52 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I had an absolutely great experience but I guess if I had to say a worst thing it would be going alone. Not because I needed much help physically but I underestimated the emotional factor... all the drugs, shock of suddenly eating like an infant, hormones going wacky, etc. you need someone to talk to. I went alone so the computer and phone was my BFF.  Add a calling in Mexico plan because rates are hideous without or calling cards.  You are welcome to check out my blog link below for a list of things I took (July 2006 entry). Best of luck, ~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

BeeHappe
on 8/31/07 4:09 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with

The worst thing for me was at the airports.  I got to be one of the lucky ones to get patted down both there and back.  I told the lady on the way back that if she touched by stomach, she was going to be in big trouble and then I explained and she couldn't believe it!!!  LOL.  Also the worst thing was the beds, they were hard.  I slept in the recliner most of the time.  Also, there was a shopping center across the street from the hospital that I was at and it sucked that I couldn't go shopping!!!!  But as soon as I got out, I was at the market!!!!  Out on Sunday, shopping on Monday!!!  It was great.  Good luck and you will be in great hands!!!  Jen

dandelion_hunter
on 9/9/07 12:24 am - Milwaukee, WI
VSG on 05/09/07 with
I had Dr. Joya and the worst part was having to go home. Sometimes when things get stressful here, I visualize lieing there in my quiet hospital bed, watching the birds out the window and being taken care of. Actually, the worst part was their was a storm on the way home in Denver, so our plane was way late. I was so tired. I felt fine, just tired. You'll love it. I've lost 60 pounds in 4 months. Good luck, amy
FatManWalking
on 9/15/07 2:52 pm - Deep in the Heart of, TX
RNY on 12/11/06 with
I was in PV for RNY with Dr. Joya. The experience was fantastic. Only regret was not doing it 5 years earlier. The beds are hard at the Krystal. Ask for a foam pad (or two) to be placed on your bed at check in. I was very happy I did. If I had to nit pick a few negatives; The lounge chair in my hospital room was not the greatest, but a few strategically placed pillows helped. The flight home ended up really long, as we were delayed in Dallas. I wi**** was easier to cross the street in front of the hospital to get to the cruise ships and shops on the other side. Nice place to walk. You are in great hands with Dr. Joya and his team. Good Luck. JP
Cari H.
on 10/2/07 12:25 am - greenville, SC
The worst part had to be going home I had Dr. Lopez at Betancourt medical and I hated leaving.

DISCLAIMER:  DYSLEXIA = ALL CAPS TELL ME AGAIN I HAVE A LAUGH OR CRAP BAND BUT I HAVE STILL LOST JUST AS MUCH AS YOU, SO KISS MY CHOKE CHAIN!!!!!!!Banded march 07 Bonified BANDit for life Start 286-Now 173-Goal 150                            Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

Janlunchbucket
on 11/1/07 1:37 am - Mt. Juliet, TN
Lap Band on 08/30/07 with
Worst part was their firm mattress in the hotel. We spent 8 days at the Grand Maya which is an upscale luxury resort then one night at the Krystal Resort which is a medium grade resort. Both beds were firm, the one at Krystal was a little harder.  If it was not for the beds, I would have been in heaven. 
Kimberly145
on 12/3/07 12:33 am
The most horrible part was waiting in line at the boarder back into California. It took us 1.5 hours to get through. That was it. I had a great experiece with Dr. Huacuz at his clinic and with his staff. Kimberly
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views