Deposit paid, date selected, and flight arranged....YIKES!!!

Susan H.
on 8/14/07 2:55 pm - Sedro Woolley, WA
RNY on 09/25/07 with
Well...there is not turning back now. I made my deposit and husband's airfare today for my lap RNY with Dr. Joya on September, 25th in Puerta Villarta. I've got too much time to wait now!  I'm now putting together a list of things to take with me. I've been reading a lot of posts, but decided to try and put it all in a list. Now that it is 'for real', I'm looking at what people did for their 2 weeks pre-op diet. My husband is going with me, but honestly, I'm worried he will be bored a lot. Especially in the hospital after surgery. Does anyone have any stories or tips to share of what their "helpful loved ones"? I look forward to hearing from you! Susan =0)

Susan H.
Start: 322/ Current: 190+ .  7 yr post RNY
***I lost my bookmark to my ticker so it doesn't reflect the correct numbers*** 

LinZhi's Mum
on 8/15/07 5:33 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Susan,  I went alone until the day I left the hospital, my good friend from CA flew in. I think...it would depend on your husband's personality. Is he going ahead and checking in hotel, or going to stay in hospital with you? If you stay at SanJavier, the ships come in right across the street, I loved going and watching them go and come.  After I got out of the hospital, we did lots of things. Layed on beach...layed on beach.....haha! went downtown shopping, got caught in a bar...not dancing, nor drinking (only my water) got caught by the "internal med doc". he was cracking up, and by morning....Dr. Joya and the whole gang knew....!  We went on a night cruise, to a deserted island, that had a show and dinner. The dinner was not really friend for RNY's, no soup...we took our own broth I think if I remember right.  I took a portable DVD player, and some movies. I took some books too.  Pack light, wear comfortable shoes, I was little "nervous" at times with my flip flops at the resort. its main areas, where you walk place to place is red brick roads.  The beauty shop is a must for you!! Pedicure, manicure, and facial......very very very reasonable  Great massage rates for hubby!  Once you get out of hospital,  hubby can go to store, walmart...or grocery store, and get disposable cooler, for juice and stuff. I brought a hot pot, to hea****er in room for tea and broth.  Take care....you will have a great time!! ( for major surgery that is!!)  You are in great caring hands!!  Hugs,  Sandy

Hugs,                           
Sandy aka LinZhi's Mum

FatManWalking
on 8/15/07 4:06 pm - Deep in the Heart of, TX
RNY on 12/11/06 with
You are in great hands with Dr. Joya and his team. Ask for the egg crate for the bed at the Krystal at check in, the beds are as hard as a rock. The less you take, the better. There is a Wal-Mart right up the street if you need anything. Good luck! JP
kauntiek
on 8/16/07 10:20 am - Columbus, OH
RNY on 10/03/07 with
Good for you!!!  You're going a week before me so I'll be anxious to hear your advice, suggestions if you happen to update your profile while in PV!    My mom and sister are coming with me so they'll be excited  to hear the suggestions too!! safe travels! Kristy
jamisonma
on 9/5/07 8:17 am - Loveland, CO
Lap Band on 03/17/06 with
My husband slept the whole evening of my surgery because it was a long day of traveling. The next day our room was not ready yet at the resort so we took a cab downtown so he could be cigars. I felt fine enough to do that ( I had lapband so I was up and moving pretty good the next day). When I was sleeping he went down to the bar and visited with people down there. There are plenty of things to keep him occupied and alot of stuff within walking distance. -Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views