ready for ensenada!

Zena L.
on 8/3/07 4:02 am
I'm getting ready to take off for ensenada next week. I can't wait to meet Dr. Aguirre and take care of business. I had a couple of last minute questions. For anyone who has been recently, did you have to pay Bambi for the drive or is that included? If he drove you around town what's a proper tip to give him? Is there any food in particular that i should take with me? I'm staying in the apartment the whole time. I believe I read that there is a computer in the apartment? or just internet? Any info would be good! Thank you everyone who has private messaged me with their experiences! Amanda
Eggface
on 8/3/07 5:33 am - Sunny Southern, CA
It's been 13 months since my surgery with Dr. A but I blogged a few things that you might find useful http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/06/sotb-surgery-list.html Hope this helps, ~Michelle
neisha =.
on 8/3/07 12:05 pm - shawnee, OK
Hey there! Don't know if you read my profile but I've posted quite a bit about the Ensenada experience there. Bambi is paid by Dr. A but we did tip him. We gave him $20 for the trip from the airport and $5 or so when he took us around town. He was always very appreciative. He is a great man. For your plane trip home you need something with you that you can eat. String cheese would be a good choice. Protein and no sugar. Do NOT take a pain pill for the trip home unless you have food on the stomach. You have a computer and internet in the apartment. Best wishes, Neisha
Laura N.
on 8/6/07 2:35 pm
Amanda you are going to love Dr Aguirre. I just got home Friday night. Even though Dr Valencia did my surgery Dr A was in the surgery room with me. He checked on me every day. As far as food I feel I was veru prepared. I took some pre made sf jello cups, orange & strawberry. They were so yummy even though I hardley ate them. Also I took packets of crystal light, some instant cream of wheet packets & that was it. I really did not feel like eating anything. We walked everywhere we went once there. I was very eager to get the excerise. Enjoy your trip & good luck to you.
jen54106
on 8/8/07 12:55 am
Hi Amanda, I'm in the apartment right now. It's very homey. I did bring a scissors with me that I'll be leaving here. Are you having the open? I'm on day 5 and I finally feel like going shopping. Each person is different and I chose to sleep off the pain. I made laps in the apt and down to the park, in the parking lot too, but I haven't gone shopping yet. Oddly enough, no one has checked in on me yet and I've been in the apt since Monday. Good luck to you!
Zena L.
on 8/8/07 1:19 am
Hey Jennifer! Hope you are doing well...sounds like you are! Yes, I am having the open...I'm worried about the pain! How long are you staying?
jen54106
on 8/8/07 11:23 pm
I leave 8/11, early in the morning. The only pain I had really is from the incision. But, like today I woke up, and there's really no pain there. I didn't take any of the pain pills after I left the hospital either because I was getting very pukey from them. So, I toughed it out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views