Any good doctors to work with after SOTB RNY in WI

Nathan H.
on 6/27/07 10:16 am
Hi, I am just wondering if there are any good doctors to work with in Wisconsin. I had RYN FOBI done in Monterrey with Dr. Zorrilla. I am heading back to the US on June 29. Thanks ahead of time!
jen54106
on 7/30/07 6:55 am
Hi Nathan- Where about in WI? I'm leaving Wed for my surgery in Mexico and my normal family Dr will be doing my post op blood test, etc. All he requested was the records from Mexico. Otherwise, Mid west Bariatrics in Neenah will charge a $2000 rate plus office visits since you weren't their original patient... Let me know how you're doing...
Nathan H.
on 8/7/07 11:10 am
Just got back from vacation. Thanks for the response. I am doing great! I have lost 40lbs in less then two months. No complications, really no eating problems as long as I eat slow, chew well, and don't over eat. Meat can be a chalange for me, but only if I don't chew and eat slow. What do you get through midwest for $2,000? I am working with a doctor, but I think he is a little sqweemish about it. I originally worked with midwest some, but my insurance said no way they would ever cover anyone for any type of weightloss, period (that included pills, or whatever). They did a trial program and someone died, so that is the excuse they used. Well I hope everything is going well for you, let me know!
jen54106
on 8/8/07 12:22 am
I do believe you get blood tests done and check ups... I'm not to sure. I know if you get the lap band, you can get your fills there as well. So, did you get the RYN in Mexico then? I'm in Mexico right now, 5 days out after surgery... Will the pain ever go away?
Nathan H.
on 8/8/07 6:29 am
I had the RNY Fobi Pouch. Honestly the worst pain I had was from the air they blew me up with for the laproscopic surgery. That sucked. But I would say that pain passed in a week. Then I had two drain tubes, those hurt some too. Honestly the only pain I had from the actual surgury part felt like hunger pains, so that wasn't so bad. The worst part of thewhole thing for me was the fact that they shaved my belly for the surgery, and that itched worse the poison ivy. It still itches from time to time! I've read that some people have pain and issues for awhile. I honestly could have gone back to work within a week and a half. It gets better, and it gets better quickly (at least for me it did). Where are you at in Mexico? I found Monterrey to be very boring, I saw a few movies at the theater and walked around the mall, but not much else to do with in walking distance of where I was at.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views