Dr. Rumbaut Monterrey, Mexico

Brooke28
on 6/27/07 1:37 am - winnipeg, Canada
Has anyone been to Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey, Mexico? I'm considering going to him for gastric bypass but my family still has reservations about me having surgery in Mexico. I feel confident that it would be great but because my dad is paying for my surgery and he isn't convinced that this would be a good place. I would love to hear from anyone who has had the surgery there but would especially like to hear from anyone from Canada. Thanks, Brooke
Wokhams
on 6/28/07 6:06 am - The Desert, Kuwait
Hi Brooke, I had surgery in May with Dr. Rumbaut and his team in Monterrey, and I have to say I was very impressed with everything from start to finish! I am British, live in Mexico, and this is the first time I have ever had surgery here - I would definitely recommend it. The team are extremely professional and very friendly, the hospital and facilities are first rate and the after care is superb. After being discharged from the hospital they come and visit you in the hotel, I was a little sick after surgery and the doctor came to my room three times. Plus they followed up with emails and phonecalls when I returned home. Since I've been back home I have kept in touch via email with tons of questions - and they are always willing to answer and assist. I think many people have a misconception about surgery in Mexico - of course I would recommend you research all your options, however don't let misconceptions put you off. I presume you've checked out Dr. Rumbaut's website - www.gastricband.com here you will see all the info you need, and info regarding the hospital / facilities too. Good luck!
Bellina925
on 6/29/07 1:30 pm - Margate, FL
Hi Brooke I also had surgery with Dr Rumbaut just read my profile He is the BEST OF THE BEST !!! You wont be sorry for choosing him. If you have any ?? just e-mail me [email protected] Best Of Luck
baytraci
on 7/2/07 1:19 am - Dundee, FL
Hi Brooke! Dr. Rumbaut and his staff are awesome! I had my surgery with him in March of 2006 and if I had to do it all over again......he would be the one. Going to Mexico was the wisest decision I have ever made in regard to a medical decision. The hospital was wonderful. It was so clean and neat, unlike anything you will ever see in the US. And there are plenty of people who speak english so it was never an issue. The hotel was beautiful and everyone was so helpful. I could not be happier with my decision! Traci Baylon 281/145/139
bridgetok
on 7/16/07 7:53 am - Sanford, NC
Hey Sally! How's Florida? I regret we didn't get together one last time before I moved but everything was such a whirlwind! I've been meaning to msg you through myspace. KIT Bridget
Idaho Bandito
on 7/16/07 11:52 am
HIJACK!!!!!! Hi Sally, Long time no hear! How are you? I'm doing great, and almost to goal. I've lost over 100 pounds now. WOOOHOOOOO! It feels great!!! I'm still a patient coordinator for Dr. R and loving it. Drop me a note when you can and I will send you some current photo's. Hugs, Brig
bridgetok
on 7/16/07 7:51 am - Sanford, NC
Hi Brooke, please check out my profile. My husband and I had surgery w/Dr Rumbaut 18 months ago and have since lost over 500 lbs total. You will be making a great decision in going to Monterrey. Bridget
Idaho Bandito
on 7/16/07 11:55 am
Brooke, I had lap band surgery with Dr. Rumbaut in November of 2005. It was a fantastic experience. You will be in the very best of hands! Best wishes to you, Brigitte
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views