Bleeding from incision

bren202
on 6/7/07 1:18 pm
Please help! Has anyone had any bleeding from their incision? My son is 2 weeks post op and 3 days ago a small amount of blood started seeping from a spot on his incision. Had surgery with Dr. Aguirre in Mexico. I called him yesterday and he said not to worry that it will stop in a couple of days, but did not explain what the cause is. The bleeding is heavier today than yesterday. When my son saw his PCP today he was very insulting about having the surgery in Mexico and didn't seem interested in helping him. Said he might have to see a surgeon at his own expense. Please anyone with this problem?
Eggface
on 6/7/07 2:49 pm - Sunny Southern, CA
Hi Bren, I didn't have an incision "bleeding"... more like a little oozing from the g-tube area but I know Mary (justaboutkrazy) had draining for a while after she returned to the states. You might want to PM her. Hope it resolves itself soon. I used a great product on my incision in the first few weeks till I was healed called "wound wash" it's a saline solution. Best to your son, ~Michelle
sunseeker37
on 6/8/07 6:18 am - Saskatoon, Canada
I, too, had problems with two of my incisions healing and was very worried. Kept going to the clinic and not feeling very confident in the doctor's care. Was very worried about infection, port infection etc. I am now six weeks post op and my incisions are just now finally healing. Here is what I did: It's really important to clean the incisions TWICE a day. Clean them with hydrogen peroxide. You then want to put on an antiobiotic ointment. I got a prescription one which will work better but if your doctor's not helping you you could use polysporin and it will help (don't use Neosporin!) You then want to put steri-strips on the wounds and cover them with clean bandages. It's really important to do this twice a day. If I didn't do it twice a day I'd go backwards two steps. The other thing that I did to stabilize the area to prevent the incisions from re-opening was I wrapped a tensor bandage around my stomach. Hope this helps! Good luck. It may take awhile like it did for me but it will get better.
Wokhams
on 6/11/07 2:22 am - The Desert, Kuwait
Hi MC, One of my incisions is a little funky, I've beenusing Neosporin on it - but note you say not to use this - can I ask why??? I'm concerned now I've been doing something wrong!!! Mine now just looks like it hasn't knitted together and is some days red and some days not so inflamed. Thanks, W
jen54106
on 6/22/07 5:36 am
Hello, Is there a reason to use polysporin and not neosporin? I would think neosporin would be better with all it's antibiotics... Can you please let me know?
sunseeker37
on 6/22/07 2:04 pm - Saskatoon, Canada
I've read on a few boards that doctors have indicated not to use neosporin and my doctor said the same thing. Apparently it actually slows the healing process. Once you're healed though I hear that the Neosporin pads to help reduce the scarring are good (but expensive).
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views