For those of you who had surgery in Mexico...

SkinnySoon
on 6/5/07 7:56 am - PA
I have a few questions: 1. Where did you go and who was your doctor? 2. Would you recommend going to Mexico? 3. Did you encounter any problems? 4. How much did your surgery cost? 5. Where do you go for fills? 6. How much do your fills cost? 7. Do you think it was worth going to Mexico? 8. Would you have done anything different? I sent my appeal into Atena and they denied me again. So I have been considering self-pay. Perhaps going to Mexico, since the US is so cost-prohibitive. You guys are awesome. Thanks again for your help.
Dinka Doo
on 6/6/07 1:38 am - Medford, OR
I had an RNY so my answers wouldn't apply to you, but just so you know, Dr. Tersigni in Coos Bay, OR is charging $10,000 for the lap band. He has a wonderful reputation, too.
Cari H.
on 6/6/07 5:01 am - greenville, SC
1. T.J. Mexico Betancourt Medical 2. YES!!!!!!!!! 3. I did not want to leave 4. 7600 including hotel and Airfare 5. Back to Mexico 6.$100 8. Planed more time to play in MX
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/07 11:49 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
1. I went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with Dr. Joya. 2. YES!! 3. No problems before, during or after 4. $12,000 for lap RNY (I think his lapband is $8000-all inclusive) 5. N/A 6. N/A 7. YES 8. I would have done it 10 years sooner! I was self-pay, so I had to go somewhere I could afford it. It turned out to be the best thing I ever did for myself. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Best wishes 220/120
Kelli ~.
on 6/8/07 1:26 pm - Atwater, CA
1. Where did you go and who was your doctor? Mexicali, Mexico. Dr. Alberto Aceves 2. Would you recommend going to Mexico? Definately, it was the best care I have received besides the clinic at the University. 3. Did you encounter any problems? None whatsoever!!! 4. How much did your surgery cost? $8,200.00 plus Amtraking to SDiego, luckily I was dating a guy who lives in SDiego so I didn't have to spend on hotels. 5. Where do you go for fills? Dr. Aceves 6. How much do your fills cost? $70 for the Fluro, that's all fills are free. 7. Do you think it was worth going to Mexico? I was 370lbs prior to surgery, I am 154 now...what ya think? Yes, it was well worth it, I would do it again without a blink of an eye. 8. Would you have done anything different? Nope, I think it went really well. Kelli email me if you have any further questions about the Lapband and Dr. Aceves.
Eggface
on 6/9/07 3:18 am - Sunny Southern, CA
1. Where did you go and who was your doctor? Ensenada with Dr. Aguirre 2. Would you recommend going to Mexico? Yes but do your research there are good and bad doctors in every country 3. Did you encounter any problems? None 4. How much did your surgery cost? 10,200 5. Where do you go for fills? N/A I had RNY but a word to the wise... establish this pre-op 6. How much do your fills cost? N/A 7. Do you think it was worth going to Mexico? Best decision I ever made. 11 1/2 months and down 121 pounds. Off all meds, sleep apnea resolved, stellar BP, no more GERD. 8. Would you have done anything different? I went alone. I would have taken someone... not for physical help as none was needed but it got boring. Hope this helps, ~Michelle
Bellina925
on 6/9/07 9:03 am - Margate, FL
1-I went to monterrey Mx 2-Dr Roberto Rumbaut was my surgeon Yes Yes Yes!!!!! I would recommend him again & again 3-no problems almost 2 yeras out in 8/07 with only 3 filles in total 4- I think it was 12,900 lap-band & RYN is 14,000 5 & 6 I had 1 first fill with Dr R he does them for free forever but you have traveling expenses & the other 2 I found a surgeon here back at home. 300.00 with floro & 150.00 in office with no floro 7- For sure I would do it all over again if I had too the BEST THING I EVER!!!!! DID FOR MYSELF Down 97lbs & 23 pounds away from goal mostly excess skin that i need a PS to do 8- Just be sure of who you choose my story was a bit diffrent that most others While I knew Dr R was the best there he also was a bit more$$$$$ & I had choosen another surgeon because of cost but once in Monterrey ThanK GOD!!! I knew how to find Dr Rumbauts office I has changesd my life forever just click on my profile & read on....... Best Of Luck to You Sally
M. Chap
on 6/10/07 12:41 pm - alhambra, CA
For those of you who had surgery in Mexico... Original Post by Tina Frey at 2:56 PM PST on 06/05/2007 1. TJ 2. NA 3. NA 4. 9000 5. San Pedro 6. Free for the first year 7. NA (My date is July 18) 8. Would you have done anything different? 9. NA Dr. Owens is from Southern Cali and he also perform Lap band in TJ for 9K. Also, all follow ups will be done in the state including fills.
Laura N.
on 6/10/07 2:13 pm
Hi Tina, my surgery date is July 30, but I thought I would tell you my information. #1 - Ensenada with Dr. Aguirre & Dr. Valencia #2 - I am going to Mexico ( 1.5 years of research ) #3 - Have not gone yet #4 - Laproscopic $12,500 #5 - RNY not LapBand #6 - NA #7 - I hope so #8 - All I know is I have done my homework, read lots of patient reviews, talked to patients who have used this Doctor & asked lot & lots of questions. Good Luck to you Laura
bigred_z
on 6/13/07 9:21 am - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12
1. Where did you go and who was your doctor? Puerto Vallarta, Armando Joya 2. Would you recommend going to Mexico? Absolutely 3. Did you encounter any problems? I developed an ulcer post op, they took care of it. 4. How much did your surgery cost? 8k all inclusive 5. Where do you go for fills? Cincinnati, OH, Dr Curry 6. How much do your fills cost? $150 7. Do you think it was worth going to Mexico? Totally, it would cost 20K here 8. Would you have done anything different? I would have taken Ex lax and Gas X with me Lori
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views