12 days post surgery!

nativenewyorker64
on 5/26/07 12:30 am - UT
Well, I made it! Going to Mexicali was a great experience. Dr. Aceves and staff were very attentive. The hospital was small, but efficient and very clean. I learned very quickly not to over drink or drink to quick. It will make you very nauseated. Yesterday was my first day to feel hungry and that made me a little depressed. I'm sick of broth, jello and flavored water. I did add some yogurt to my diet, but I'm already sick of that. However, I will stick to the plan! Since my surgery I have had the hiccups alot and bad breath. Is that a common problem? The good news is I have lost 14 1/2 pounds I hope some of you can help me through some of these issues. Thanks, Lucy!
Eggface
on 5/27/07 6:39 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Hi Lucy, Congratulations on your -14 1/2 and welcome back The bad breath is normal... our bodies while in ketosis will have acid/sweet smell. I had hiccups in the beginning and realized it was my new plumbings way of telling me I had enough of something. I had RNY though not sure what it may indicate to a lapbander YMMV. You might want to repost this at the lapband board and see what the resident experts have to say about it. ~Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views