surgery date 8/2/07

Laura N.
on 4/30/07 3:49 pm
Hello everyone, I am wondering if anyone using Dr A will be in mexico the same time as me? I will be flying into San Deigo on 8/1/07 and surgery is 8/2/07. I love this site, learnig a little more everyday. laura
Eggface
on 4/30/07 4:13 pm - Sunny Southern, CA
Hi Laura, Are you staying in his apartment? I lucked out and someone had surgery three days earlier and was staying in the other apartment which was nice. We became friends and Tracy L from the OH had surgery two days after me. She was at one of the hotels. Hope you can connect with someone while you are down there. If you have any Q's feel free to PM me. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. Hope you feel the same. ~Michelle P.S. in my profile I have a list of things I found useful to take while I was SOTB.
Laura N.
on 4/30/07 6:11 pm
Hi Michelle, Yes I will be in the apartment. We have decided that my Hubby will stay in Phoenix at home & just my Mom will go with me (save money). I hope to find someone prior to going that will be there at the same time. I think it will be awsome to have a buddy while there. I am very lucky to have my Mom going. There is not one person in this world better than my Mom. So i know I will be in good hands. The wait is making me nuts. 3 moths to go & I want it now, LOL talk to you soon Laura
baytraci
on 5/1/07 2:22 am - Dundee, FL
Congratulations Laura! I am so happy that you have a date. You will feel so much better once you are on the losing side. It is unbelievable. It looks like you are at the weight that I started at and your goal is the goal that my surgeon set for me. It only took me 13 months to get there! I feel so much better. I have not had any problems and if I had to do it all over again, I would do it in a second. My husband misses the old me but he totally understands that I had to do it for my health. And he needs me around to help out with the kids! He calls me "flocka" now (that means skinny) and let me tell you, I like it a lot better than being called "gorda" which means fat! I just think he is jealous because prior to the surgery, I could barley get one of my legs in his pants and now his pants are too big on me! I pray that everything goes well for you and you are as happy as I am with your decision. Take care!! Traci Baylon 281/145/139
Laura N.
on 5/1/07 5:26 pm
Thank you Traci, I am becoming so overwhelmed with this. All I do is work & get stuck on the computer geting all the info I can. I am so excited I could jump right out of my skin Whooo Hoooo. I hope the next 3 months fly by. Laura
Eggface
on 5/2/07 6:31 am - Sunny Southern, CA
If you can afford the extra $45/day for the private nurse for at least one day it'll be great for your Mom to watch what she does... cleaning and rebandaging the incision. Then she can do it for you all the other days. Mom's are the best anyway LOL I agree! I went alone and I had Alejandra (one of Dr. A's private nurses 4 days) She's so sweet! I hope you can hook up with someone else while you are down there. Nice to have someone who can relate fully. Just an FYI: you have internet access while in the apartment so if you download messenger or AIM you can talk for free to friends and family. Cell phone charges are hideous (even with an international plan). Hope the time flies for you, ~Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views