Lap Band Surgery in Mexico /Dr Alvarez

Marceloswflorida
on 4/26/07 11:49 am - Clearwater, FL
I am planning my Lap Band surgery next month with Dr Alvarez in Piedras Negras /Mexico. Appreciate to learn any feedback from anybody who had such suregry with him. Thanks a lot Hugsss Marcelo
cherokeegoddess
on 4/28/07 2:15 am - Madison, WI
Lap Band on 04/02/07 with
I jsut wrote you a big reply....you are doing the right thing. I love that man and what he does for people is amazing. He even calls to check up on you once you get back home! Never had an American surgeon do that. I left my book i was reading there and he was sweet enough to mail it back to me. there is nothing bad to say about this doctor. He is a true blessing.
Marceloswflorida
on 4/28/07 3:28 am - Clearwater, FL
Hi Laura Thanks so much fr your kind answer to my mail. You dont imagine how hard it is for me to get the final decision. Sometimes you think if it is a matter o money, that you may risk your life for saving some bucks, but with all your comments and other patients, I believe I had made the right choice. On top, I am spanish speaker, so I wont have problems to comunicate with the nurses The other concerns, what about your pre-op diet..?? and how you did with your diet the next days after the surgery..?? I am travelling alone fron SW Florida. Hope to hear from you Thanks again for your kind fedback. Have a great weekend and God bless you all Marcelo
cherokeegoddess
on 4/28/07 7:30 am - Madison, WI
Lap Band on 04/02/07 with
There is no pre-op diet. I just tried to start cutting back on my carb intake. I ate whatever I wanted up until the night before surgery. the morning after surgery they gave me jello, fruit juice and water. I drank a lot of water ate about 2 bites of jello and drank about half my juice. I traveled alone as well. I had only soup, jello, water, broth, tea, juice and coffee for the week after surgery. I honestly was not hungry. And I tell you now...do NOT take big gulps of anything...your tummy will be swollen and it wont appreciate you putting too much in too fast. But i tell you as a nurse....drink lots and lots of water and get your protein in with broth to keep your strength up. the next week you can add creamy soups and pureed thin stuff like yogurt. I tried cottage cheese at this point but I could not eat it then. I can now. It is a huge learning curve about what you can and cannot eat. And everyone is different. In the morning i cant drink cold liquids they just dont feel good going down. I have a cup of coffee and oatmeal (Kashi GoLean) for breakfast. Today i ate some shaved turkey and cheese for lunch...no bread or sauces or anything just little meat and cheese rollups. And supper tonight I made some pork stew with tons of veggies and meat. The family wil have some garlic toast with it but I dont know if I will have any or not. It is really funny because I am back to feeling hungry just like normal and so when i serve a meal for myself i was still putting the same amount of food on my plate. There is no way i can eat that and it makes my husband laugh. I am learning to take 1/3rd of what i feed my youngest son and most times i still am too full to eat all that! Today i went out and mowed the yards by hand for the last 4 hours so I am feeling great and healthy enough for excersize and I eat when I am hungry and stop when i feel the first twinge of discomfort from my band....that is my cue that I have had enough. And if you dont drink water right after you eat you will find you will not get huungry because you wont wash the food out of the banded part of the tummy. I hope this helps...feel free to ask more questions. You can email me directly at [email protected] if you would like. Blessed Be Laura
(deactivated member)
on 5/26/07 2:30 am - FL
VSG on 04/19/07 with
Check out my profile...I loved Dr. A.....I am down 31 pounds, and quite happy, I had the vertical sleeve.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views