I'm new. Anybody went SOTB?

nursecindy
on 4/1/07 11:39 am - phenix city, AL
Hi all. You all are truly a blessing for me to discover. I feel like Ive finally found people that understand. My ins company will NO WAY pay for surg. I want to head SOTB and pay for it myself. Has anyone here been yet? And if so, has anyone used Dr. Rumbout? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Cindy
Eggface
on 4/1/07 11:50 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Hi Cindy, I had my RNY in Ensenada with Dr. Aguirre 6/20/06. It was a great experience would recommend him to my dearest relative. Each Dr. has a page (patient forum) that will have patient reviews and additional info so when you've zeroed in on a Dr. be sure to check his page out. Best of luck to you, ~Michelle
Donna O.
on 4/1/07 1:30 pm - IN
I am going to Monterrey to have band placement with Dr. Rumbaut April 19. As a nurse I researched several . This is in no way to sway you but there is a discount if a second person schedules the same day if he is the one you choose. There seem to be several excellent choices. The south of the border link on the left side of the web page lists them as well as comments from those that have been there. Donna
lizoneil06
on 4/1/07 2:24 pm - Somewhere, KS
Welcome Cindy, I have not been SOTB yet, May 3rd is my date. I have chosen Dr. Jose Rodrigues in Acuna. I have seen many people on the lapband forum who have had surgery from Dr. Rumbaut. I just wanted to welcome you here....you will find out that pretty much everyone here at SOTB are very supportive, we are all in the same boat and well, you hear great things about the mexican dr.s and peoples experiences. I am a physician myself and have chosen to do it this way. What you will need to do is find a fill doc to do your fills here in the USA. That is key. Start calling around to the bariatric surgeons in your area and ask them specifically if they accept mexican Bandsters. Mine will only if it is an INAMED band. Just a little info for you to help you on this journey we are on!!!! Good Luck! Liz
gogeko
on 4/4/07 3:39 pm - Palmer, AK
HI I WENT TO DR AGUIRRE IN ENSENADA. HAD SURGERY MAY 31 2005. I HAVE LOST 170 POUNDS. MY TWIN SISTER ALSO HAD IT DONE BY DR. AGUIRRE ON fEB 7 2006. SHE HAS LOST 145 POUNDS. MY AUNT HAD IT DONE ALSO BY DR AGUIRRE ON AUG. 24 2006. SHE HAS LOST 60 POUNDS. sHE DIDNT NEED TO LOSE VERY MUCH. wE ALL HAVE DONE WELL. mY TWIN SISTER HAD AN EMERGENCY SURGERY 2 MONTHS AGO TO CORRECT HER INTESTINES. DUE TO SEVERAL SURGERIES SHE HAS HAD THRU OUT HER LIFE SHE DEVELOPED SCAR TISSUE THAT CAUSED SOME PROBLEM. BUT SHE IS DOING WELL NOW. I AM SO SORRY I DON'T HAVE UPDATED PHOTOES. SOMEDAY I WILL TRY TO DO THAT. CINDY
vickig
on 4/5/07 12:02 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
Went to Dr. Joya loved it 258 to 130 in heaven now would do it again ina heart beat! Go for it!
bonnied
on 4/7/07 12:19 pm - St. Albans, VT
Hi Cindy! I had Dr. Rumbaut and highly recommend him! I had lap RNY 6/2005 and have no regrets. You can check my profle here and I am also listed in the success stores on his website, www.gastricband.com. It's worth it! Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 4/9/07 12:59 pm - atlanta, GA
Lap Band on 05/24/07 with
Did you insurance company say why they would not pay? Does anyone know if certain insurances companies are better at paying?
GW
on 4/10/07 4:14 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey Cindy! I am 2 years out. I went SOTB with Dr. Aquirre on March 4, 2005. I have lost 155 pounds and have maintained my weight between 124-129 for over 8 months now! I am trying to get a new picture posted, but I haven't been able to yet. Highly recommend Dr. A. Worth every penny! Genie
mortimer369
on 4/13/07 12:50 am - miami, FL
Hi Cindy I went SOTB also, my Doctor is Dr. Mikler, he and all the Byebyeobesity crew are very professional and special with patients, they have a very affordable package with all included www.byebyeobesity.com Good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views