Going to Mexico

Donna O.
on 3/28/07 11:42 pm - IN
With the new regulations for anyone flying into Mexico needing a passport, the minimum wait is running 10 weeks & even services that used to help expidite the process like Briggs are not accepting applications. I am scheduled to go to Monterrey for Surgery April 19th. I had trouble finding a rental that would let me take a car into Mexico. (Did not have that problem from the California side a couple years ago) so I am hiring a taxi to take me to the bus stop. I have been assured that the busses are very nice (TV, air conditioning etc..."Nicer than Greyhound" and taking that to Monterrey. The busses leave every hour and cost about 15-20 american dollars. The taxis is $50 one way. So it's less than a car rental. The hotel will have a shuttle to take us anywhere including the clinic and hospital once we get there. Starting January 2008 all routes will require a passport.
Tammy S.
on 4/1/07 6:29 am - MS
I will be going to Mexico in a few weeks too I hope, just not sure where yet, but My husband didn't have his passport. We went to the local post office to file the passport application and expidited it and he got his back in 6 days. We filled out the application on line at http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html and then took it to the post office. They even took his picture at the post office. You will need to check with your post office because not all of them take the passport applications, but alot of them do. Click on the link on the travel.state.gov site that says " 8000 pass port accepting facilities ". That tells where you can take the application. hope this helps Tammy
Donna O.
on 4/1/07 1:23 pm - IN
My local post offcfoce does take the photos and applications. I am impressed with the speed you got yours back. Thanks for the feedback. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views