pre-op diet, Liver shrinking diet

junipee
on 3/12/07 2:09 am - Kuna, ID
I need to go on a pre-op liver shrinking diet for my surgery on March 24, does anyone have an example of what kind of stuff I should eat? It is a low carb, high protein, what does that mean exactly? What kind of foods should I eat? I have ordered protein shakes but they are not here yet. Thanks for any help you could provide, Juli
Kelli ~.
on 3/18/07 10:44 am - Atwater, CA
Hi Juli, I ate alot of chicken, steaks (not too many), fish, lots of veggies and fruits...basically it helped me set up for what I eat now anyways. Cut out the sodas, the bread/pastas/rice and just get in some good quality food. Drink lots of water and try to do some walking so your lungs will nice and strong for the surgery. Good luck and let us know how you are doing! Kelli
junipee
on 3/18/07 3:14 pm - Kuna, ID
Hi Kelli, Thanks for the post, you have done awesome, I looked at your profile and pictures. That is so cool!, I hope that is me in 1 year. I am leaving this Friday, I am so nervous, flying alone, never done it before, I have heard nothing but good stories about Nina and Dr. Aceves and his hospital, I am anxious to meet them all. I pray I have no complications and everything goes okay. I want to lose this weight so bad, I want to feel good again. Thanks for the great thoughts, i will let you know how it goes. Juli
Kelli ~.
on 3/19/07 11:44 pm - Atwater, CA
Hey Juli, Do you ever come onto Dr. Aceves board??? I don't think I've seen you there but then again, I am on and off alot. But if not, let me know and I'll send ya the link to it. There are alot of bandsters on there of course with a smattering of RNY folks as well. We have a good time on there and lots of support from those that have gone before you. Tell Dr. Aceves "Hello" for me...he is such a sweet man. Give Yolanda (Nina/Gaby's Mother) a hug as well as Nina!! If you want to email me please feel free to do so: [email protected] Kelli
junipee
on 3/20/07 2:08 am - Kuna, ID
I go to this board, South of the Border, is there a different one? I didn't see it on the website, can I have the link? I am getting nervous and excited and the same time. I will give everyone hugs for you. Thanks for the emails, they really help.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views