Going to Dr Aceves soon for LB..............

junipee
on 3/5/07 6:03 am - Kuna, ID
I got financing and I am going to have the LB with Dr. Aceves hopefully March 23 thru March 26. Is anyone else going at that time to that doctor? I would love to meet up. I am very nervous, I have to travel alone do to financing, I have talked with others that have gone alone and they seem okay with it, i know Dr. Aceves and Nina are both very helpful. I was wondering if there is any pointers you could give me on what to take, what to be prepared for, etc. Also, when I get back to the states, I have to have my fills locally. What does a fill usually cost? I have heard of Pocatello and even Eagle in Boise does them, anywhere else? Thanks.
SonjaS
on 3/8/07 10:05 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Hi, you should go to the lapband forum. I am sure someone there is on the way back or just leaving too. Good luck Sonja
Heather_PA
on 3/11/07 12:00 pm
Hi! Just got home this morning from my surgery with Dr Aceves so I won't be there when you are but just wanted to say have a great experience and see you on the loser's bench!!!
Kelli ~.
on 3/18/07 10:42 am - Atwater, CA
Hey Juli, I am a Dr. Aceves success story. I had my band done by him last year 1/27/06 and I have lost 200lbs. He is a great guy, his team is AWESOME!!! Give Nina, Yolanda, Sergio and of course Dr ACEVES my love and tell them to be ready April 10th cause I'm comming to visit them again!!! I love going there, they are just so awesome!!! The hospital is wonderfully clean, the staff is so attentive to your needs and Dr. Aceves is a dreamboat...let me tell ya, he is one HANDSOME DUDE!!! ;-P If he wasn't married, I'd chase him around...woo hoo!! I hear Dr. Campos is quite the hottie too...but enough of the looks, their compassion and commitment to their patients is just absolutely wonderful. I love each of them and when you go back for a fill, it's like visiting family. Take care and good luck!!! Kelli 370/170/130
junipee
on 3/28/07 3:05 pm - Kuna, ID
Hi Kelli, You are so right, they are the best, I told them all Hi for you!! I went last Saturday, March 24, everything went great. I was allergic to the barium and didn't have a very good night but they gave me shots for nausea and that helped. I am having some nausea every once in a while, is that normal? I don't have liquid protein so I m taking powder and mixing it with clear juices. Is that okay? I have to force the broth down, I am sick of broth!! I am eating sugar free popsicles, jello, juices. How long before you went to purees? Sometimes I am just starving. Any help? Thanks, Juli
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views