OMG One Year Ago Today!!

baytraci
on 2/28/07 11:17 pm - Dundee, FL
I can't believe it has been one year today!! One year ago today at this moment I was in the hospital, being prepped and I have probably had my happy pill by now. I am laying on the bed with DH by my side. I think I was shaking. The nurses came out and told me that it would be a couple of hours until my surgery but to just relax and take it easy. Everyone was so professional. The hospital was so clean and I felt at ease. I think I was shaking because it was cold. They brought me a blanket. My surgery was scheduled for early morning; however, the van left me at the hotel and I was late getting there so I was pushed to the end of the list so my surgery was not until 3 or 4! But the staff at the hospital made me feel great. I slept most of the time because of the medicine they gave me to relax. After surgery, I woke up and was in the nicest hospital room I have ever been in. It was unbelievable. I felt great and within a few hours was up and walking around. Did I hurt? YES!! But they gave me meds that helped, I held a pillow to my gut, and I walked. The last thing I wanted was a blood clot. I did this for my children and I wasn't going to let a little blood clot take that away from me! So I walked. I walked down the hall and visited other patients! I remember the doctors asking me if I was trying to take their jobs away from them! It is so hard to believe that all of this was a year ago. It seems like yesterday!! Now I am half the person I was a year ago today. I have lost 130 lbs., I am down from a size 26 to a 10/12 and I feel better than I have since I was 16!!!!! I have not been under 200 lbs since I was 16 years old and I feel great. All my praise goes to God for giving me the opportunity and financial means to be able to afford this surgery, and to the wonderful Dr. Rumbaut for his education and skills. I can't thank either of them enough! Thank you God and thank you Dr. Rumbaut! I will post new pictures this week so everyone can see where I am at now. I was going to have a guy in my office snap a picture of me today to post but I look like crap. So I will try to spiff up and get one posted tomorrow! Take care and my thoughts and prayers are with each one of you as you begin your journey and/or continue your journey. Love to all of you!! Traci Baylon 281/151
Caryl Mauk
on 3/4/07 8:34 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 06/26/06 with
Glad to hear you are doing so well! I thought about going to Dr. Rumbaut, but ended up getting insurance approval here.
bonnied
on 3/4/07 10:30 am - St. Albans, VT
I am so proud of you! Dr. Rumbaut truly is a blessing from God, isn't he? I truly hope all bariatric surgeons realize what a huge difference they make in the lives of their patients! I am having loving thoughts of my surgery experience as well. First I can't believe I survived, second, what a great experience it was for me as well. I still can't believe I was "crazy" enough to even look into surgery in Mexico, let alone go through with it! Now I'm looking south of the border again for plastics! I am planning on Dr. Sanmiguel, recommended by Dr. Rumbaut. I wish you all the best Traci! Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views