BETANCOURT MEDICAL CENTER in Tijuana?

Cari H.
on 2/23/07 1:28 am - greenville, SC
Has anyone been there how was it?
misty S.
on 3/2/07 10:43 pm
Are you getting lapband or rny? Rny will be fine but if getting lapband they do not use inamed fda approved band and it will be hard to get fills in the usa. Good luck
Pata
on 2/25/07 1:02 pm - Webster, TX
Just FYI, Betancourt uses Heliogast band which is not FDA approved. So if with the Lap Band (FDA approved) it is hard to find a US surgeon to touch you, with this Heliogast band would be almost impossible. I recommend to find a fill place first. Good luck to you, Pata
Gettingthere2
on 2/26/07 6:30 am
Cari, They have the Inmand Band ( I think I spelled it right) You can email Shirley and give her your phone number and she can tell you about the place. She is getting her band fixed the weekend I go. Her email address is [email protected]. You can give her your phone number and she will call you or just email you what ever you want. I have found a place in Winston Salem that will do Mexico band fills. Patti
Cheryl J.
on 5/30/07 5:28 am
Hi I was thinking about going there myself. Did you go yet? They have some sort of special this month for lap bands.
Cari H.
on 6/2/07 12:10 am - greenville, SC
Hi sweets yes I went and you can site. The special is the disney trip. I am on the far left hand side of the picture talking about disney. I was the frist disney paitent. If you have any questions about it let me know. ps I woiuld not have traded betancourt medical for anything
Cheryl J.
on 6/6/07 3:02 am
I keep hearing negative comments about Betancourt. That they do the heliogast band, and they never performed a lap band revision over a bypass. So confusing, I dont know what to do.
Cari H.
on 6/6/07 4:59 am - greenville, SC
I got the Inmed band. All you have to do is request it. Also they perfer to do the band. Also I know of a few people that have had revisions. Dont beleive everything you hear. Call and decide for your self. I was banded in March and I have lost 50 lbs
jebloom
on 2/27/14 3:52 am

Just wondering if any one has had recent sleeve surgery, and how it went, if your doing fine etc... I am scheduled to have sleeve surgery in March and wondering what to look forward too? Can anyone give me some info on your surgery and how it went. I look forward to hearing from you...Thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views