Been MIA but have 1 year post-op pixs

bridgetok
on 2/21/07 1:24 am - Sanford, NC
Sorry guys, that I have been absent so long. My husband got a job offer 3 states away and I have been working like mad to sell our house so we can join him in NC. Anyway, 1 year ago, my husband and I had lap RNY with Dr Rumbaut in Monterrey. We had the surgery the same day and it's been an incrediably awesome journey. We are two completely different people - in just ONE year! Our marriage is stronger then ever, and we've never been happier! My husband started at 483 and has lost 280 pounds. His current weight is 203. He is 2 pounds below goal. Here is the before and after for him: http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/bridgetok/s_12_months_comparison.jpg I started at 370 and have lost 175 pounds. I currently weigh 195 lbs. I am 45 pounds from goal. Here is my before and now picture: http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/bridgetok/b_12_months_comparison.jpg Having the surgery was the best decision we ever made. Choosing Dr R was the 2nd best decision we made. Our lives have never been better. Bridget
baytraci
on 2/21/07 5:34 am - Dundee, FL
Bridget: I can't believe it. You two look awesome!!!! That is so cool. I hope just because you are moving to North Carolina you won't be a stranger to the site and will be able to keep us updated. I hope and pray that all goes well for you and your family! Hugs, Traci Baylon
bridgetok
on 2/21/07 11:41 pm - Sanford, NC
Thanks Traci! If anything, I will have more free time after we get moved and be online more often (fingers crossed). Thanks for the compliments. Life is really wonderful. I hope you are doing well yourself. Bridget
corina R.
on 2/21/07 8:21 am - clearwater, FL
hello, i am very interested in talking to you about the cost for your surgery, i have been looking into having it with dr r as well. any info would be great. thank you. corina
bridgetok
on 2/21/07 11:44 pm - Sanford, NC
Hey Corina. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about the surgery and Dr Rumbaut. Because my surgery was a little over a year ago, I cannot comment on his current prices. I can tell you we paid $14,600 each but like everything in life, the price might have gone up. Feel free to post your questions or email me through my profile. Good luck with your decision. Bridget
baytraci
on 2/22/07 2:05 am - Dundee, FL
Hi Corina: I too had my surgery with Dr. Rumbaut and paid the same as Bridget. Dr. Rumbaut is great. You have nothing to fear! The facilities are awesome and his staff are very professional and speak very good english!! My experience could not have been better. Even if I had the surgery in the states!! Traci Baylon
lmsmith
on 2/22/07 10:57 am - Burnaby, Canada
Wow!!! You guys look great!! Not even like the same people. People that haven't seen you in a long time must be really shocked!!!! Great job. Leanne
bridgetok
on 2/23/07 6:20 am - Sanford, NC
Thanks! Most of the time people don't recognize us. It's great!! Bridget
bonnied
on 2/26/07 7:01 am - St. Albans, VT
I've been MIA as well but just wanted to pop in and say hi. YOU GUYS LOOK GREAT! I thank God every day for leading me to Dr. Rumbaut!
Sun Smith
on 3/3/07 8:21 am - Seattle, WA
Bridget - it was great to look at the pictures of you and your husband. You both look outstanding. I agree, Dr. Rumbaut was a great decision. He did a great job for me too. I'm down 130 pounds, and have a bit more I'd like to lose. It is absolutely wonderful to buy clothes in "regular" stores. -Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views