RNY in Mexico

tjstar
on 2/12/07 9:57 pm - Forest Lake, MN
I am looking into RNY in Mexico and would like and info on surgeons and experiences if anyone is willing to share. I have been denied by my insurance company and will be going to Mexico for self pay. Thank you
baytraci
on 2/12/07 11:25 pm - Dundee, FL
I had my surgery in Monterrey Mexico with Dr. Rumbuat 11 months ago and I couldn't be happier. I have lost 130 pounds and I am in a size 10 now compared to the size 26 I wore 11 months ago!! I feel great, can pretty much each everything now but in smaller portions and I have been maintaing my weight of 155 for about a month. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail me and I will be happy to answer them for you! Have a great day!
FatManWalking
on 2/15/07 7:44 am - Deep in the Heart of, TX
RNY on 12/11/06 with
I had RNY in Puerto Vallarta with Dr. Joya at San Javier Marina Hospital. It was a great experience all around. 4 night hospital stay, then 4 nights in a nearby oceanfront resort with a doctor coming to check on you daily. I highly recommend it. JP
cherokeegoddess
on 2/16/07 2:19 am - Madison, WI
Lap Band on 04/02/07 with
I am going to mexico in April for lap band. I am using Dr Alvares in Piedras Negras. I have researched him and feel totally confident adn so thouroughly excited....when are you going? maybe we could go together..... Laura
tjstar
on 2/16/07 5:08 am - Forest Lake, MN
Congrats on the lap band. Due to previous surgeries I am unable to have the lap band thou it was my first choice. I am also hoping for april but I have to deciede on a surgeon first. Dr Alvares does not do RNY. Thank you for your infor and you will be in my prayers!
bjjantzen
on 2/19/07 2:49 am - Katy, TX
RNY on 03/17/06 with
Hey there, sorry for the late reply but I don't get to check the boards as much as I would like to. I had surgery with Dr. Joya on 3/17/06. It was the best thing I have ever done for myself. I loved his all inclusive package. It made it so much easier on the finances. Read my profile I kept a pretty detailed journal at first. You can visit his web site also at www.drjoya.com . Good luck on your journey!
(deactivated member)
on 2/19/07 1:01 pm
RNY on 08/16/05 with
I too went to Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta. I had my surgery on Aug. 16, 2005 and lost 100 pounds (my goal) in 11 months. I have maintained that since. Dr. Joya and his staff are wonderful! They are so kind and professional. You feel like they really care about you. The hospital is very clean and nice and the resort hotel is awesome! If I can answer any questions for you, let me know. Kina
Kellye G.
on 2/24/07 9:48 am - Columbus, OH
Tamara -- I'm scheduled to have a lap RNY with Dr. Ramos-Kelly at the end of March. The cost for my surgery is $12,000. I elected to handle my own travel arrangements since my DH will be traveling with me & we felt we could get a better deal by booking our own flights to San Diego - it decreased the package with Dr. Kelly by $500. So far I've been highly impressed with his Sr. Patient Coordinator, Shannon - she is just GREAT! Always willing to answer any and all questions, and really seems to genuinely care for the patients she'll be helping once they arrive for their surgeries. Good luck to you! Kellye
justaboutkrazy
on 2/24/07 1:26 pm - Pensacola, FL
HI Tamara, I am 6 weerks post op . I had my surgery in Ensenada Mexico with Dr. Aquirre. I had a great experience and would highly recommend him. he is wonderful as was his staff . His cost is $10.100 and that includes pre-op tests, his fee, the hospital fee, transportation to and from San diego and use of an apatment that is right by the hospital. He also has a nurse that checks on you daily at the apt. and helps with your after care. The city is beautiful, safe and everyone was very helpful. Here is his website. If I can help in any way, let me know. www.derivaciongastrica.com Mary
Dinka Doo
on 2/25/07 1:59 am - Medford, OR
Dr. Aguirre was my doc and I can't say enough wonderful things about him. I'll be 3 years post op on March 10th and I have not had ONE complication. He has nearly (or right around) 20 years experience. Dr. Aguirre was one of the first docs that got this SOTB board moving along and has a long standing loyal following here. We're just all so busy off enjoying our lives, it's hard to pin us down anymore!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views