I year later...

mpotts
on 1/6/07 6:38 am - Grand Junction, MI
Okay, here I go. I was banded by Dr. Sanchez 11/17/05. I weighed 217 when I had my surgery and now I weigh 197. To say that I am disappointed and discouraged would be an understatement. I have had two fills thus far, and am certain that I am in serious need of another. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I eat probably half of what I used to eat, or less. I don't get it. Why isn't the weight coming off? Even my husband wonders, as my eating is so different than it used to be. No I do not excercise formally...I am not a couch potato either. The holidays were not good for me. I blew them big-time, and now it is time to get back on track, but I am not even sure where to begin, as what I was doing before wasn't really working either. I feel soooo alone. Please if you've got some advice I would be glad to hear it. Being banded in Mexico has its benifits, but the single biggest drawback is followup care...the mental kind. Thanks guys, I knew I could count on you girls who have been there and understand.
Cassandra W.
on 1/6/07 2:16 pm - West, TX
Come to the Obesity Help lapband forum. There is lots of activity there and you will get all the support you need. I suggest you get a fill Then go back to the 10 Band eating principles You should chart your food intake for awhile at fitday.com. It is usually surprising. Make sure you are dinking your water Make sure you are not consuming liquid or soft food calories The soft food thing is usually the culprit Wishing you the best and do come to the lapband forum Cassandra
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 434 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views