Dr. Sanchez from Monterrey - murdered at age 53

mazedesk
on 12/4/06 1:49 pm - Plano, TX
Copied from another board: "In case any of you had lapband surgery in Mexico by Dr. Sanchez, this is an article about the death of this doctor. A crude translation by Babel Fish says he was assassinated. Whether Dr. Susana was killed is still speculative unless any of you read spanish well enough to get the full story. This is very sad and unfortunate, and thought I would just share this news in case others hadn't heard. Here's the link to the El Norte article. You will have to translate it. (supposedly by right clicking on the page, but mine wouldn't work) http://www.milenio.com/monterrey/milenio/nota.asp?id=464814 "I read it slowly but it seems that Dr. Sanchez (53) was assisinated on his trip to his ranch by unknown people. It seems they were waiting for him. He was there in a pick up with Susana Gonzalez Gutierrez (36) to pay his workers. He stepped out of the truck to open the ranch gate while Ms. Gutierrez was left to drive the truck through. As he opened the gates 2 assaissins came out of the woods and started arguing with him. Dr. Sanchez was able to get back to the truck and told Ms. Gutierrez to put the truck in reverse. She heard gunfire and Dr. Sanchez told her he had been shot in the stomach. It took 1 1/2 hours to get back to a hospital and be seen. He passed away shortly thereafter. The only witness in Suanna Gutierrez and there are few other leads."
baytraci
on 12/4/06 10:10 pm - Dundee, FL
That is horrible. I just printed out the story and will take it home to have my husband read it to me. He is fluent in Spanish!! I had my surgery in Monterrey with Dr. Rumbaut, and have never heard of Dr. Rodriguez; however, my heart goes out to his family, friends and former patients. What is this world coming to? I only hope and pray that they find the people who did this to him and bring them to justice! Traci Baylon
pinkpetunias
on 12/11/06 9:10 am - Duvall, WA
Hi, You did pretty well with the translation. The Doctor was building a house in a town outside of Monterrey and he was going there to pay his workers. The two assasins probably knew it was payday. Most laborers are paid on Saturdays in Mexico. I can't remember what day the article said this happened. His compañera was not harmed. The bullet(s) entered his side and came out his stomach. Basically he died from losing lots of blood. Too bad these horrible things happen!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views