What is this feeling_

Rebar2
on 10/28/06 9:49 pm
I am 5 days post op. I just started eating yesterday. I am not having any real pain. But the discomfort - soreness from surgery, gas, hunger, fullness , I can't tell the difference. Will I ever recognize hunger and fullness like a normal person I can tell you I haven't experienced much actual hunger in years. Also, my G-tube drainage is still ALOT. It is supposed to come out tomorrow. Is this normal Lisa
Traci L.
on 10/29/06 5:27 am - Henderson, NY
Hi, Lisa. Remain calm, girlfriend! You won't feel hunger for quite a while. I'm over 4 months out and don't always feel hungry... just eat when I'm supposed to. Also, I don't feel "full" like I thought I would. If you're worried about your drainage, call Rosella and ask her about it... she'll call Dr. A for you and he can allay your concerns. I drained a lot, too... but I didn't stay to get the tube and stitches out... I'm glad you're still there to do that! If I had, I might not have ended up with an obstruction, who knows. By the way, are you there by yourself, or did someone go with you? Take care! Traci
Rebar2
on 10/29/06 7:16 am
Thank you Traci. .I am here alone and am desperately ready to go home. Thank you for your support. Lisa
Traci L.
on 10/30/06 9:22 pm - Henderson, NY
I'm sorry, Lisa. I can't imagine having to go through it alone! I'm with you in spirit, hon! When do you leave? Keep me posted, OK? Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 434 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views