Lap Band after a RNY

mikkozoe
on 10/10/06 9:05 pm - Conyers, GA
Anyone have this done? I had RNY surgery lap abotu three years ago and just wondeing if anyone had a band put on after havein gthe RNY surgery...I was told yesterday that there is a 30% chance they can not put on a lap band due to scar tissue ( i dont think i have that much to be honest but nice of them to tell me) and jsut wondering if anyone else had soemthing come up that was in this situation and all thanks laura
Kelli ~.
on 10/11/06 11:19 am - Atwater, CA
Hi Laura, I know Dr. Aceves in Mexicali has done Lapband to those with RNY. I think most of the Mexican doctors do this but there is a higher risk of complication due to scar tissue, but it is done!!! Just do your research with various doctors and see what they have to say about the procedure. I know the first time I got my fill, Dr. Aceves was doing a revision on someone who had done RNY twice and then needed a LB. I think their 1st RNY was one of the earlier surgeries. But I know they had had other surgeries prior to lose weight and it hadnt worked...hopefully the LB will work on them. I do know it took him like 1.5hrs instead of the 45mins normally. I'd email the different doctors about the price as well, I think it may be a tad more expensive because it's over a previous surgery. Have you gained any weight? I'd wait because you may surprise yourself that you may not even gain anything back. Keep us updated on your journey. Kelli
mikkozoe
on 10/11/06 7:36 pm - Conyers, GA
Kelli Yes i have gained weight ....about 30 to 40 pounds this year alone ...That is what made me start looking into things ...See my pouch is still the size of a golf ball ( so that is good) but the opening from the pouch to the upper GI is wide open so nothing stays in my pouch and i am never full ...I am always hungry !!! Totally sucks ....So that is why i wanted a LB insted of another full surgery .....So i think i am good to go and going to have it on Nov 3 ..I am very excited right now i must say .....I might finally lose weight again .....And i am getting married in May so i would like to be alittle smaller ya know LOL Laura
Kelli ~.
on 10/16/06 11:09 am - Atwater, CA
I wish you the best and hopefully things will work out for you. I know this is a common problem with some of those with RNY. The lapband is great, you can adjust as you go along and that is why I had the surgery. Take Care! Kelli
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 434 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views